cheap performance mods

Maxcreek1247

Local time
2:16 PM
I know about porting, carb tuning, spark timing, and shaving head to get more compression. but what are some more cheap mods that are a really good bang for the buck?

Taking the exhaust cap off will give you a huge boost in acceleration and you only need to take off one nut. Get a non chinese spark plug as well. If you're going to tune the carb you can consider taking off the air filter although it's not recommended. Other than that there's not much else for free/cheap.

Taking the exhaust cap off will give you a huge boost in acceleration and you only need to take off one nut. Get a non chinese spark plug as well. If you're going to tune the carb you can consider taking off the air filter although it's not recommended. Other than that there's not much else for free/cheap.
i have a b5hs ngk spark plug, high compression head, and im getting an mz65 expansion chamber and adding a muffler to it

Polishing the head can help increase flow and help a little with performance. Also port matching helps flow as well. You might be able to cut a hole n the wall of your piston to make a windowed piston for even more air flow. Also drilling jets works too.

Polishing the head can help increase flow and help a little with performance. Also port matching helps flow as well. You might be able to cut a hole n the wall of your piston to make a windowed piston for even more air flow. Also drilling jets works too.
If you window the piston you will need to get a reed valve intake.

Polishing the head does not improve flow, it helps to keep oil residue from sticking to it and allowing carbon build up which can cause detonation.
A windowed piston is for use of a reed vale when the reed is used on a piston port setup, this allows for more intake duration but the flow is all ways limited and metered by the carb size, port matching is making the windows (ports) at the cylinder wall the same size as the carb so that the metered flow through the carb is able to flow into and out of the engine at the same rate.

The more important question is, how good are your brakes? Stopping is far more important than going fast. One should make a good braking system a first priority before doing mods for speed.
Got good brakes, I’m buying a dual brake lever so I can have one lever for clutch and one for brakes

Back