cheap performance mods

Clones priced at $49 but do they perform
I really can't attest to it yet, I put a modded one on my Giant to find out what they do. It was just loud and obnoxious in the shipped state, so I turned the whole thing upside down. Chopped off the stinger, made a new one, and added a muffler, it will crawl up a hill now and has a nice sound. The engine it's on isn't broke in yet, so I haven't tried to find it's range of rpm.

I have seen the real MZ for only 80 dollars or so in US money...Chainlube is right, what that guy on ebay wants for it is too expensive, even with Bideninflation.
I bought one for $110 last year. That was the cheapest price I could find. Current, $130 is the cheapest I can find, with the most expensive being 200.

That's expensive, I thought they were like $40 at one time.
This isn't the same pipe as the cheaper clones. Header diameter is actually larger, and shorter. Stinger is still a bit too big in diameter, but the chambers are better designed and welded.

The closest equivalent to this pipe built to the cheaper clone standards is the WC80 pipe, which is still a tiny bit different. The real MZ65's produce slightly better mid range over the WC80.

Not familure with the mz65 who makes that?
MZ Miami first commissioned the pipe made in China for them back in 2016 then it was copied by China but the copies don't match up really and to be honest the MZ65 is popular mostly because it's a bolt on not that there is any real gains to be had from it.
I sectioned the MZ 65 pipe here (the real one not a clone) and showed it's terrible joints with over lapping and s**tty welds then configured it as a belly pipe but was very disappointed considering all the hype it received.
It took a few years for the guys to realize that the jog pipe or any good scooter pipe was best suited to these engines, back in 2016 when I was trying to convince those trying to go fast that this was the best type pipe to use most people were using dirt bike pipes that are very narrow band width and much harder to fit correctly, where a good scooter pipe can have a band width of over 4k rpm and are intended for a single speed setup!

Do you know what rpm range the jog pipe operates in? I want one for my phantom.
The tuned length determines at what range the pipe operates in, then they will have a band width of 4k rpm or more, I usually set them to hit at 6k and run out to 10k+, mine hits at 5,800 rpm and runs out at 10,600 with a little bit of over rev which helps to keep rpm below the grenade point.
For tuned length you need to know the exhaust ports timing/duration and times that by 1700 then divide that by the peak power rpm to get the length needed from piston face to 3/4 of the way through the convergent/baffle cone.

MZ Miami first commissioned the pipe made in China for them back in 2016 then it was copied by China but the copies don't match up really and to be honest the MZ65 is popular mostly because it's a bolt on not that there is any real gains to be had from it.
I sectioned the MZ 65 pipe here (the real one not a clone) and showed it's terrible joints with over lapping and s**tty welds then configured it as a belly pipe but was very disappointed considering all the hype it received.
It took a few years for the guys to realize that the jog pipe or any good scooter pipe was best suited to these engines, back in 2016 when I was trying to convince those trying to go fast that this was the best type pipe to use most people were using dirt bike pipes that are very narrow band width and much harder to fit correctly, where a good scooter pipe can have a band width of over 4k rpm and are intended for a single speed setup!
I had forgotten how good the Asian Scooters aftermarket high performance exhaust look for quality of construction and weld also amazed I just looked up prices on them and they're very reasonable

Back