China Gas Offering 4-Stroke With Generator

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Best generators for purpose.

we definetly need some lights
i cant wait til something comes out for the honda
or until i figure something out
anybody know where i can get a cheap 12v 100w gen to experiment with?

Checked eBay yet?

Before you do - If you really want 100W at 12VDC, look for a 24V DC brush-motor with a power rating of about double that, ie 200W. Fairly large though.
Also, ensure that you pick a motor with a usable RPM. My first attempt was with a motor that I discovered was built to run at 18000rpm at 12V, no good at all. (Didn't really know how fast it spun until I bought an optical tacho for testing. Turns out that at one point I was spinning it at 23,000rpm. Wonder how long it would have lasted?))
Also, maximum efficiency is obtained when drawing 50% of the motor's short-circuit current, which is at about half of it's open-circuit voltage.
A 24V motor will generate 24V at it's rated RPM, open-circuit.
Under load, that voltage drops. At max efficiency in the example above, the output voltage would be 12V at half the S.C. current.

Finally, check out DC electric scooter motors. Splashproof, low RPM, ball-bearings for continuous use and fairly cheap for the quality.
I'm using a 24V 100W 2500RPM 'Razor' scooter DC brush-motor, belt-driven from my shift-kit's jackshaft, into a (DIY) regulator and 12V 5Ah battery. (Not completed.)

Last edited:
gernator ?

i want to ad a generator but i was looking at the magneto it has a black wire comeing out to the spark plug then another one to wire to a kill switch

has anyone used this kill swtich wire with a diod to power a small light?

Back