Clacking noise, now it won't run.

Emcee

Local time
11:22 PM
Hey,

I noticed last night I had a clacking noise coming from what I thought was the clutch. I inspected the clutch, chain and all poked well. I noticed I was low on gas when I tried to start it. When that I went to fill up the tak I thought maybe it would work. If I had to guess I would assume this clacking noise is somehow associated with it not starting. Here are two videos I posted so you can hear the noise.

Looks maybe simple to me, your drive chain, from what I can see of it, top and bottom rungs of chain are too close together and clacking off of each other...The chain needs to be cut down to size or your gonna loose it and possibly get yourself hurt in the process, not including major damage you will do to the bike, drive gear, rear sprocket, motor and what will be left of the chain itself.

Looks maybe simple to me, your drive chain, from what I can see of it, top and bottom rungs of chain are too close together and clacking off of each other...The chain needs to be cut down to size or your gonna loose it and possibly get yourself hurt in the process, not including major damage you will do to the bike, drive gear, rear sprocket, motor and what will be left of the chain itself.
It's not that, chain is well spaced. It's not starting. That's the problem.

Take your head off. I think it is 14mm ... and it gets tightened to 12 ft. lbs...(144 inch pounds)
So I did take the head, all I could see was a piston, I was able to push it down. When I took the head off though the piston wasn't moving. Unsure if it is or isn't when the head is off. If I remember correctly when I rolled it with the head off, it almost sounded like the sound is coming from the other side of the clutch case where the chain goes.

Edit : by the head, I mean the four acorn nuts. Is that not the head? Is it possible the connecting rod is just loose? What should I be looking for exactly?

Did you role the bike with the head off? With the clutch out the piston should cycle up and down, if not you have internal problems. Be sure to add washers and nuts to at least two cylinder studs to prevent damage to the base gasket to keep the cylinder in place.

Back