Clutch engages at idle

AquaManAndy

Local time
10:49 AM
I've had this HS 38cc engine for awhile now, I got it in a FD kit from bikeberry but the clutch engages at idle even if you don't throttle it. Is there a way to fix this or is the engine defective?

Then either your idle is a tiny bit too high but I doubt it since you probably would have tried that, or the springs in the clutch are shot/broken.

It only takes one crap one to get the slip at an idle since it will happen on just a single paw, important to get it fixed or the rubbing one will wear quicker and the clutch can go out of balance.

Then either your idle is a tiny bit too high but I doubt it since you probably would have tried that, or the springs in the clutch are shot/broken.

It only takes one crap one to get the slip at an idle since it will happen on just a single paw, important to get it fixed or the rubbing one will wear quicker and the clutch can go out of balance.
It might be the springs ill look at it when my hangover goes away, i definitely tried adjusting the idle that didnt work.

That's how my brand new engines were on friction and on gear drive.

That's because of brand-new clutches.

You'll be fine when the clutches wear out very soon.

Just keep the idle low and the brakes engaged.

That's how my brand new engines were on friction and on gear drive.

That's because of brand-new clutches.

You'll be fine when the clutches wear out very soon.

Just keep the idle low and the brakes engaged.
I'm having the same issue as my roller spins on start up, any other tips you might have for this I don't think the spring is broke.

Back