Clutch??? Engine slipping. What do I need to know?

Actually minus and plus make a lot more sense. Then again the metric system makes more sense but I'm use to less logical US measurements. All what your use to.

Yes I tried while it was cold. I did see another video where the guy hits it with a torch. I don't have one and would be afraid to use it in my garage filled with assorted flammable things.
I'll figure it out. The car parts store did say they carry a two arm puller, just out of stock. So I know they exist at least. When my parts come first I'll ask my mechanic across the street (gotta catch him at just the right time. Either real early and assuming he's not already swamped with big jobs, or… Before closing and PRE beer hour.) One guy who happened to be at the auto parts store looked at the photo of mine and said those two big nuts holding the expanding arms have to be removed. I think he's full of beans myself. Every video I've found shows the whole unit as one piece being pulled off. That's what Ill go for.

Busy weekend ahead, parts probably won't show up till next week so this whole mess is on hold.

OK guys, next problem.
My brand new stanton heavy duty clutch arrived.
My nice dual chain drive transmission arrived. Borrowed an impact driver to get the center nut out of the clutch. (wow that tool is cool.)
And the local auto parts store loans pullers. Though the thing was way too big, if I turned the jaws around so they basically are backwards, put the center nut in just a few turns and pushed against that, it came out easy.

Old clutch pads are not warn, just glazed with crud. Whole inside of the bell there was black with crud I couldn't get at with the flywheel still attached.
Got all that cleaned out, got the new one on.

Now… since the distance from the center of the clutch to the drive gear is much shorter than my old unit, now I need a new chain. Well how does one know if I have a 410 or a 415 chain?
Of course every bike site is closed now, hoping one of you is awake. I'd like to get this ordered ASAP. Of course will keep doing my own research.

I think I'll go ahead and get a chain breaker too. Guessing a heavy duty one of those would work for either size chain?

Back