Clutch clutch problem has this ever happened to you?

ron

the link you posted says its a >doc file and comes out as what looks like html code

ok so the actuator on mine has minimal wear. any idea what length the bucking bar should be? as the dowel pin i used is hardened so id like to go to mild steel i might find out about a new actuator eventualy.but at the moment its only the backup for the new one. i also feel that it got worse since fitting a 36 tooth sprocket instead of the 44tooth maybe it takes more punishment on take off than usual? any idea?

thanks mike.

yes because a 36 tooth sprocket makes your gearing higher.
it takes a lot more rpms to get the bike moving with higher gearing.
the 44 tooth sprocket gave you more low end torque than the 36.
starting off from a dead stop with a 36 tooth sprocket is compairable to starting off from a dead stop in a car, with the transmission in 3rd gear.
you'd have to rev it a lot and slip the clutch to get it to go without the engine dying.

thats what i was thinking too. im remedying the problem soon. im tearing it down and giving it a rebuild. it deserves it, its never let me down and its got a lotta miles on it. and while im at it ive come up with a hydraulic clutch actuator. me and the boys at work made the other day.if it works ill send photos:unsure: this bearing inside the shaft sounds like the culprit, because the bucking bar has a whopping great indent in one end:sick: i took the bearing out and it is knackered too

thanks for the advise folks :bowdown:

Back