Centrifugal clutch toasted in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you just say any idiot can post 1000 times, and your at nearly 2000? Hum? I meant that in a nice way. You know sarcasm is below me. I bought a can of high tensile spray cable for my tool kit. Says it works the same on both manual and cent. clutches. Can't wait to try it. Came with a pouch of instant water, and no instructions on what to mix it with.
Sure did and I knew that writing that generally no comments were needed wouldn't be able to stop somebody who was too eager to make personal attacks... For some reason I don't think your post added anything of value, and the cute variations of the great snipe hunt still didn't add too much, maybe just tossed it in since just the first 3 sentences would have made you sound a little too snotty?

Somehow I don't think having nearly 2000 posts would have meant a thing to you if the opportunity to throw a stone hadn't presented itself.

I thing Frankenstein is 2 stroke to nuvinci. Probably takes off with no pedaling required.
My gearing is just low enough to allow me to pull off without pedaling, however I HAVE to slip the clutch or the engine will stall, it might have a liquid buffer but the power transfer is efficient and instantaneous enough that you can't actually feel it except when revving back up after shifting, where on a derailleur you'd get a hard clunk from hitting the gas too hard and on the nuvinci the freewheeling to engagement transition is as smooth as an automatic automobile transmission, you feel it, but it's very very smooth.
A statement like a cent. clutch cable is just chumming the waters around here.
Yes and it's obvious which ones are the sharks...

While you are checking your cent clutch cable you might as well check the blinker fluid and top it off if needed.

The 5G has a freewheel and an even higher gear ratio in the transmission than the 4G I believe it is 6.15~ so it definitely takes it easy on the centrifugal clutch. There is something wrong with these clutches. The spring design has clear points of failure.

There are beefier clutches available for pocket bikes but the one I got didn't fit my current bell casing so I had to return it. I saw two beefier designs on eBay with springs that are bolted into the clutch versus tension-clasped on like the default clutch. Once that tension is gone and you don't know when unless you remove your transmission to check it, which is a pain in the ass, the springs can pop off and grind up against your clutch pads... Of course with the beefier clutches, the engagement RPM would be higher but hell I think it is worth it.

I wonder how KC handles the centrifugal clutches and what he suggests to his customers.
I like those clutches with the spring embedded in the clutch pads with a bolt to retain and adjust the tension, it uses a compression spring instead of the extension spring seen on most clutches so has a bit less chance to fail.
4S-CA-CCK-newclutch.jpg

I like those clutches with the spring embedded in the clutch pads with a bolt to retain and adjust the tension, it uses a compression spring instead of the extension spring seen on most clutches so has a bit less chance to fail. View attachment 76387

aye, that is a great idea. i tried the first one but my bell casing was too small... these are the two that i saw had a different more robust design than the three-arm crappy one.

upload_2017-4-21_13-32-43.png

upload_2017-4-21_13-32-53.png

Sure did and I knew that writing that generally no comments were needed wouldn't be able to stop somebody who was too eager to make personal attacks... For some reason I don't think your post added anything of value, and the cute variations of the great snipe hunt still didn't add too much, maybe just tossed it in since just the first 3 sentences would have made you sound a little too snotty?

Somehow I don't think having nearly 2000 posts would have meant a thing to you if the opportunity to throw a stone hadn't presented itself.

My gearing is just low enough to allow me to pull off without pedaling, however I HAVE to slip the clutch or the engine will stall, it might have a liquid buffer but the power transfer is efficient and instantaneous enough that you can't actually feel it except when revving back up after shifting, where on a derailleur you'd get a hard clunk from hitting the gas too hard and on the nuvinci the freewheeling to engagement transition is as smooth as an automatic automobile transmission, you feel it, but it's very very smooth.

Yes and it's obvious which ones are the sharks...
Really wasn't trying to add much other than maybe get a laugh out of you. Guess it's clear I'm no stand up, better keep my day job. Don't care how many post you make, nor do I think a certain no. indicates idiocy. Free world and all that. Glad you thought cute of my variations though lacking in valuable content.

I'm a big fan of the hd clutches from staton inc. Not a single issue with the springs and the pads have negligible wear in over a year of heavy use.
4137.jpg

Stock clutch is on the right, staton's hd clutch is on the left.

Like the looks of that. lot more surface area. Do the fit the 4G taper shaft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back