Crank balance

Wow! That was hours and hours of someone's trial and errors well documented and put out for other to learn from. This saves so much work and $ for some one like me.
I'm going to balance a crank this weekend for my minarelli build and I think now I might try a little less then 50%.
I makes complete sense. The higher the compression, the harder it is for the piston to push threw its tdc revolution. So a little lower on the balance gives it a bit of a centrificl push over the mountain.
After someone says it, it seams so obvious. Lol

Wow! That was hours and hours of someone's trial and errors well documented and put out for other to learn from. This saves so much work and $ for some one like me.
I'm going to balance a crank this weekend for my minarelli build and I think now I might try a little less then 50%.
I makes complete sense. The higher the compression, the harder it is for the piston to push threw its tdc revolution. So a little lower on the balance gives it a bit of a centrificl push over the mountain.
After someone says it, it seams so obvious. Lol
It's those guys that help us grown and learn. I'm thankful for them as well. Saves me a ton of time and cash not having to experiment to find out what works and why. An they spell it out for us in easy to understand ways, so we can use the info without looking up what the words mean.

Back