homeless1.jpg
homeless2.jpg
homeless3.jpg
and this is the way I'll be pulling it with the bike
suthitch.jpg
hope it helps

Thanks Loco,

The hitch looks neat and simple. :cool:

The tent, however, looks a bit small for your family of three !!!!

Attachments

• N_Bamboo_Koln.jpg
    N_Bamboo_Koln.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 420
you guys are all awesome!
I plan on getting my whizzer fine tuned and trying again with it.
I AM going to change out the front fork assy. with a Whizzer hydraulic unit,
But I also just like the challenge of the whizzer, i like the power, and the four stroke (not having to mix oil).
But for me, it's just all about the challenge of the Whizzer specifically.
If I were to look at bulding a bike for long distance (without being engine specific) I'd probably (and have plans to build this kit someday) use my brand new Tanaka 40cc purefire with centrifugal clutch, chain drive, rear mounted.
UnclePunk,

Why do you prefer the Whizzer Hydraulic front suspension over a more typical springer-style front suspension?

Dean

Which motored bike would you build to drive across the USA?

I would start out with a recumbent bike with a suspension, such as a Burley recumbent or similar. For a motor system, I would go with the Golden Eagle EHO35 35cc Robin/Subaru Mini-4, with a large gas tank. I would experiment with building a fairing out of coroplast, a plastic material that is constructed like cardboard but it is plastic. Fenders and mirrors are a must. To carry gear, probably I would use a trailer, if I could not find a good location on the recumbent for panniers. Many flashing lights on the back, bright yellow fairing color and a flag for visibility.

What would you run cross country?
For me, (one of these eons) I'd like to use the AMF Roadmaster my folks got me when I was 10.
It still hangs in their basement and it's still in good shape (probably needs tires at this point, though :D )
It's setup as a tourer with the typical in-hub 3-speed Shimano unit that never gave me any trouble.
Siince it's a tourer, its already got ample fenders, headlight, a flag on a long whip and a comfy seat that even has tabs built into it so I can hang the big orange triangle off it!
...even got a speedo/odo. :cool:
I'd do an old-style tank (holds more fuel) with the feed line coming off a petcock so I could control flow (if needed).
For an engine, I'd do one of the Honda micro's. Preferably the little 26cc, or maybe the next size up (32?).
I'd prefer to do a belt drive, if I could find one.
Belts have already replaced chains in car engines and motorbikes due to their increased reliability (although some say otherwise) and decreased noise.
A couple of paniers, plus I've got a rack behind the seat, so another bag there and I should be set.

...and just to be extra-special insane, no support. :eek:

Dean

I'd use a good-quality comfort bike with an X-ER-CYCLE attachment to carry stuff. I'd also use locoWelder's tent trailer w/a two-gallon fuel can.

I'd use twin Honda X50 engines, front friction drive w/1.5" roller and rear chain drive w/18.75:1 gearing.

And a one-gallon reserve tank.:unsure:

Back