Cylinder stud hole cracks?

In my experience, the only real solution is to cough up the $25 for a new crankcase. On the bright side, you can use this as an opportunity to do some thorough maintenance and upgrades.

depends on where it is and how deep and other things - if stud was forced too far into hole, but is holding tight, it may work for quite a while - I'd torque three others to 12lb and that one to 10lb and see if it ran OK

Last edited:
ok i figured this was my chance to just rebuild the whole thing i was wanting to split a case but i was gonna do my gt5 i guess im just gonna finish upgradeing my gt5 motor mounts to 8mm and put it on in place while i work on one of my 2 zeda 80s outta curiosity anyone know how a gt5 with a 40mm topend run?

As long as you can line up port timing using a different cylinder it should run good.

Bicycle motor works has a killer deal on a ported cylinder kit for the zeda80 or grubee GT5

The bearing boss is alot thicker than the others....this helps with reliability and adds a sort of degree of case stuffing which helps make more power

Well here's the features 99 percent don't have....This is zeda which is also a true 69.4cc....not 66cc like the majority.
  • Stainless steel allen bolts
  • Better balanced crank
  • Upgraded bearings / 60% thicker crank case around bearings
  • Stuffed crank case
  • Large intake port (40mm bolt hole width)
  • Round exhaust port
  • 40mm crank stroke (more powerful, efficient, and reliable)
  • Type B piston (high wrist pin)
  • Long rod (89mm)
  • Larger 8mm x 1.25 engine mount studs

Well here's the features 99 percent don't have....This is zeda which is also a true 69.4cc....not 66cc like the majority.
  • Stainless steel allen bolts
  • Better balanced crank
  • Upgraded bearings / 60% thicker crank case around bearings
  • Stuffed crank case
  • Large intake port (40mm bolt hole width)
  • Round exhaust port
  • 40mm crank stroke (more powerful, efficient, and reliable)
  • Type B piston (high wrist pin)
  • Long rod (89mm)
  • Larger 8mm x 1.25 engine mount studs
There are the current Grubee Skyhawks that were first to come with the above specs and I think it's three others that are also the same,I think Zeda's are great but the hype is getting out of hand LOL
I've had case's with the larger bearing bosses from 2012,17mm cranks with 6203's since 2012,40mm intake stud spacing since 2014 8mm mounting studs since 2015,Any of the current engines with these features in capable hands will make a good engine do your research and go through the entire engine before use to correct manufactures flaws that they all have YES even Zeda and you'll be rewarded with a good little mill for the money.

Back