Digital Fuel Injection for Chinese 2-stroke motorised bicycle engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
My uncle had one for about 30 or 40 years, plug in model with a big ol motor on it. Probably made in the late 50's or early 60's, aluminum deck and motor cover. He had a small yard and the cord didn't bother him, I guess. Batteries would be junk, as you said, no power.

My uncle had one for about 30 or 40 years, plug in model with a big ol motor on it. Probably made in the late 50's or early 60's, aluminum deck and motor cover. He had a small yard and the cord didn't bother him, I guess. Batteries would be junk, as you said, no power.

I have to agree with you on the old, old, plug in models. Sofar as longevity and quality of craftsmanship are concerned. The old addage: "They just don't make 'em like they used to" is painfully accurate towards this concern.
None the less, the power cord ruins it for me.
I mow my yard in a big circle, permiter inwards. There is no way I am going to mow it back and forth to avoid encountering a darn electric cord.

I use a small riding mower for my property (1/2 acre), I can cut the lawn in 30 minutes. A 21" gas mower takes about 90 minutes. A cordless mower would take 3 days because the battery would need to be recharged that many times to finish the job. (maybe two days if the grass isn't too long......)
A corded model would not be practical. My neighbor (never owned a home before) bought a corded electric mower after I specifically told him NOT to. He used it once, then it disappeared and a gas powered mower appeared. Everyone wants to save the polar bears until it becomes a pain in the @ss for THEM. lol

i use a riding mower with a 48 " deck, 3 blades, 20 h.p. briggs & stratton v-twin to mow my lawn. i own just over 3/4 acre and it takes me about an hour to mow (because of landscaping and stuff like that). there is no way that i would even consider a battery operated or corded electric mower. i use a 30 c.c. 2 stroke weedeater too.
i would never consider using anything electric when it comes to lawn care. the batteries just would not last, and dragging a cord arond would be a pain in the butt. besides that, i'd need 500 feet of cord to trim my yard with an electric weedeater. using gas powered stuff saves time, and aggravation.
my neighbor uses all electric / battery powered stuff to mow and trim his yard, and it does take him around 3 days to do the job start to finish.
sure, he's being green, but it seems like he's always p.o.'d when it takes him 3 days to mow and trim his lawn. is it worth it? to him maybe, to me...no way.

The whole electric thing is frought with problems as has been mentined in this thread but the "real issue" is those advocating electric powered machinery or tools as "green and tree hugging friendly" are making a serious error of judgement.

All "going electric" does for the environment, is to relocate the polluting effects of power consumption 200, 300 or maybe 500 kilometers away, typically to a coal fired power station or even worse, nuclear power generation facilities.
Even hydro electric power stations have their own environmental problems with the large release of methane from submerged and decomposing plant matter or whatever was living on the surface before that area was flooded for water storage; a secondary problem being the massive quantity of farming land that is no longer available for food production.

Fabian

i use a riding mower with a 48 " deck, 3 blades, 20 h.p. briggs & stratton v-twin to mow my lawn. i own just over 3/4 acre and it takes me about an hour to mow (because of landscaping and stuff like that)..........

......my neighbor uses all electric / battery powered stuff to mow and trim his yard, and it does take him around 3 days to do the job start to finish.
sure, he's being green, but it seems like he's always p.o.'d when it takes him 3 days to mow and trim his lawn. is it worth it? to him maybe, to me...no way.

I don't have too many obstacles in my yard, so even with a smallish 42" deck I can fly around tha yard quickly. In the spring I like to use the push mower to get a little excercise but when it gets hot out, the rider comes out.

Your neighbor probably thinks he's doing his little part to fight global warming, and that his efforts are all worth it. Kermit the frog was right when he said it ain't easy being green!

Just a few numbers from me.... A commercial power plant engineer stated to me that a coal-burning or natural gas burning plant is at best 50% efficient. A lot of heat is thrown out. To use that green-peace electric mower, the power plant can never shut down. Sure, the power plant has other purposes, like for hospitals. But for an air-cooled engine of 20% efficiency used once every two weeks for an hour, or gets 100 miles per gallon, it is hard to beat on-demand use of hydrocarbon gasoline in a well-adjusted engine.

you must have missed it when i mentioned it AGES AGO!

:)

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?40645-Running-Rough

have a look at the map that i drew using certain software.... designed for pic chips.

i been thinking of this for years with no real results, sure, i know...

the $500 odd for a COMPLETE "ecotrons" system is a far cheaper option than the $5000+ i was quoted for JUST the software that drew that map of mine... not to mention pumps, injectors, power supplies, all the related extras...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back