Dual Suspension Bike

NicoMec

Local time
11:52 AM
I always had the thought of making a dual-suspension bike but I understand that most bikes' rear suspension would get in the way of the motor. However, I recently saw a bike that would sorta work. I feel like this could work but I don't know what you would call this kind of setup. Does anyone know the name or have tried to make a dual-suspension motorized bike?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230129_002010_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_002010_Facebook.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 46

Sidewinder Jerry

Local time
11:52 AM
I always had the thought of making a dual-suspension bike but I understand that most bikes' rear suspension would get in the way of the motor. However, I recently saw a bike that would sorta work. I feel like this could work but I don't know what you would call this kind of setup. Does anyone know the name or have tried to make a dual-suspension motorized bike?
That's a steel frame, Kent Avalon. You'll have to cut the top tube flip it and weld it back.

Wolfie65

Local time
9:52 AM
Motor or no motor, the no.1 issue with suspensions on bicycles is that they're designed for downhill/offroad applications. Bumpy, rocky trails full of roots n stuff.
On anything resembling a road, it's like pedaling a couch.....
On a motorized bike, I wonder if the vibration added by the engine PLUS the vibration added by the suspension might not be a li'l too much.....
And with your rear wheel constantly doing the bobbity-bobbity, chain tension might suffer and the chain might also hit the clutch casing, which could get very ugly.