E3 plug

wan37

Local time
9:17 PM
What will it take to make the E3 plug help performance? Which cdi and magneto?

What's an E3 plug, never heard of it. Is that a 3 prong plug?

What will it take to make the E3 plug help performance? Which cdi and magneto?
really you wont see any difference with a e3 plug realistically, project farm did a video where he got 1 min more run time out of the plug, but thats about all.

only thing that will help preformence is since it takes up more surface area, you get more compression. but thats about all.
(ie, for example take off the head gasket and reinstall the head, you will feel a power increase, since your increasing compression slightly)

I heard somewhere on here that it would help performance ,but I thought they said you had to have a high performance cdi and magneto.So I was wondering which ones.

You don't have to change anything. The E3 plug is designed to work with low voltage ignition systems
The 3 electrodes on the E3 plug make for a high millage and long lasting plus.
The spark is always dancing around to a different electrode causing less S/P wear and always having a good spark arc.
I never tried one but they should be OK.
A high performance CDI and magneto will probably give you 20% more voltage for a better spark. Regardless of what plug you use.

You don't have to change anything. The E3 plug is designed to work with low voltage ignition systems
The 3 electrodes on the E3 plug make for a high millage and long lasting plus.
The spark is always dancing around to a different electrode causing less S/P wear and always having a good spark arc.
I never tried one but they should be OK.
A high performance CDI and magneto will probably give you 20% more voltage for a better spark. Regardless of what plug you use.
The E3.32 replaces the ngk 7534 which is b6hs .If you wanted to try one. Here link

E3 Spark Plugs E3.32 Powersports Spark Plug (1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0022ZF5GU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zug3Eb63C4SZF

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I still got a couple New NGK plugs. Next time I need S/Ps I might buy a E3

I switch to E 3.10 had better starting performance don't need to use the choke anymore just flood it full throttle twice and it stays fire.

They claim the plug gives you 13% more power but it feels more like 3% improvement!

As a licensed auto mechanic with 25+ years experience a 3 prong plug doesn't do anything a standard plug does except maybe last a little longer. Electricity will always always always follow the path of least resistance, so whatever prong is the closest to the center electrode that's the one the spark will jump to until it wears.

Back