Electric Scooter opinions?

Joast

Local time
1:41 AM
This guy locally is selling these electric scooters that he is ordering in bulk --presumably from China.
$350 + 6% sales tax. I was thinking about picking up an ebike/scooter of some sort just to run around town.
This thing is about as cheap as I have ever found (must be a problem somewhere??). see attached pics.

Here is the ad info with whatever specs he posted:
"These have pedals also. The pedals qualifies it as a E bike that can be driven anywhere a regular bike can go! No licensing needed. They are 350 Watt, 48Volt 12AH. Last time 200 sold in less than a week. Weight limit over 400 LBS, they go about 20 mph & get 28 miles per charge."
He did say it has a throttle and pedal assist.

I used to know this guy somewhat and he sold a bunch of these last year at about $300 each. Any thoughts on what too look for or questions to ask.
My knowledge on electric bikes is close to none. Seems like a small distance range?? But It would only be used just to run around town anyway (all flat).
Thanks for any info or opinions anyone could share. John

Attachments

• scooter.jpg
    scooter.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 94
  • scooter2.jpg
    scooter2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 93
  • scooter3.jpg
    scooter3.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 73
  • scooter 4.jpg
    scooter 4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 83
It's hard to believe Too good to be true, Seen alot of that on line
Put up the site add info for us to judge if this is a Scam because it sure looks like one
BTW you say you somewhat know the guy, Does this mean you have actually meet him?
If so, Buy and P/U in person

I knew the guy but lost touch with him. His company used to winterize my Mobile home at the lake and he lived next to a friend of mine until a few years ago.. I don't want to post the ad because it would look like I am promoting it. There are a bunch of scam ads on face book. I think he is just ordering 100 or so at a time, taking pre-orders, and flipping the inventory. These are not coming in until Oct. --he wants nothing down. He was doing this last winter the same way. I really just want to know if it is cheap enough and worth getting on the waiting list. I will talk to him if it is worth looking at. Thanks JS

Get the make and model and look it up on Alibaba, see what he's paying per piece or lot. Look up reviews if they exist. You might get a better deal from a powersports dealer in the USA, AliExpress. Only you can decide. In my experience cheap doesn't get it with electronics. Are parts easy to get? You get the idea, good luck.

Get the make and model and look it up on Alibaba, see what he's paying per piece or lot. Look up reviews if they exist. You might get a better deal from a powersports dealer in the USA, AliExpress. Only you can decide. In my experience cheap doesn't get it with electronics. Are parts easy to get? You get the idea, good luck.
These are good ideas. I already messaged on parts availability. At this point I am not wanting to buy a top end ebike (I have gas bikes and a 150cc
scooter already), but was more interested in the wattage specs etc to see if what he posted looked like a typical setup for a cheap bike. Thanks

I just noticed that has pedals. Do you know the weight of that scoot? Typical Ebike weighs 75lbs with battery. If that is more weight that's going to eat up it's endurance. I'd save my money and put it towards something with more performance specs, just me.

I just noticed that has pedals. Do you know the weight of that scoot? Typical Ebike weighs 75lbs with battery. If that is more weight that's going to eat up it's endurance. I'd save my money and put it towards something with more performance specs, just me.
He claimed it weighs about 80 lbs including battery. Capacity is 400 (which seems too high). I have looked at Alibaba and some of these are sold with lead acid batteries instead of Lithium. To buy one in China is about $120 +/- --but the shipping runs $500+. Still on the fence about it.
Thanks.

Back