Engine Trouble electric start on 80cc engine

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Eddie Medley, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Eddie Medley

Eddie Medley Member

Hi

I am wondering can you get parts or a kit for a 80cc 2 stroke engine to be a electric start, so you can either hook up a key or by a button to turn on a 2 stroke engine please direct me to where i can learn more about this or where i can get a kit or something that be great

<
  2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

they make one, but why bother - well tuned, they're easy to start and one needs to peddle a bit at every stop sign anyway

3. Eddie Medley

Eddie Medley Member

I just want make my bike look and act some what like actual motorcycle

4. skyash

skyash Active Member

Running right thay need one kick to a pedal to start and will take off from a dead stop up a hill. stock to 60kmh

5. Eddie Medley

Eddie Medley Member

are there magnito that have the five wires instead of two hook it up two a electrical start wiring if so can you hep me find it?

6. skyash

skyash Active Member

70cc Bullet train engine. Found it .lol

7. Eddie Medley

Eddie Medley Member

lol but i want to be able have the 80cc 2stroke performance parts too

8. skyash

skyash Active Member

The 70cc is meant to go better last longer its what you want with out having to pay for all the performance junk that doesn't really pay for its self I know I got it all made it all and put it all in the bin.

9. skyash

skyash Active Member

By the time you buy a hp head $50 carby$50 boost bottle lol$20 .there s a new kit that might go faster by luck or the 70cc kit if you paid $120 for your kit plus all this performance stuff you are over $250. these 66cc kits are money pit hobbies

10. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Well-Known Member

Building your own engine using one of these that needs it sounds like a great way to learn about 2 strokes and create one that's unique and truly your own.
    Whatever your reasons for choosing the 66 and whatever reason you don't want to pedal, wooden leg or whatever it is not my business.
    But..

I have read a lot of this forum, browsed through the old threads (as the engines I can get here are the HT crappest ones) and I haven't seen a bolt on electric start kit for the 66 HT/CG/Grubee in all my reading of the forum or the search I just did.
    If one exists I bet it sucks.. A recent thread
    http://motoredbikes.com/threads/12-volt-generator-from-gasbike.48893/
    indicated that even the 12 volt battery charging coil is unacceptably unreliable. THE battery charging coil- No alternative sources of 12 volt coils were mentioned. Looks like someone has an exciting business opportunity!

Eddie Medley likes this.
  11. crassius

actual motorcycles have kick starters, newer sissy cycles have electric starters

12. skyash

skyash Active Member

I research everything about a 66cc electric start.and found nothing.till one day my vendor Siad Hay look at this what do you think it was the 70cc kit before it was even named. I asked on here about it no one heard of it or reply to my post till kc got one .and be for that I saw a electric start for a pocket bike with some work and no room to pedal it might work .then you need a battery/ charger all the things the 70cc has.....or put a drill on your bike lol

13. crassius

last I heard when KCvale was testing one of those, he didn't seem to have room for the battery, was just using the pull start on it

14. skyash

skyash Active Member

I think he gave up. after all it's just a China Girl.i n different clothing.

15. Anthony 4k

Anthony 4k New Member

Mine dies if I go to slow also wront go from dead stop? Any ideas why

16. Steve Best

Steve Best Well-Known Member

Yes I do.
    It is a manual transmission, single speed.
    If the speed is too slow the engine turns over too slow to keep running.
    With a single speed, its gearing is too high to pull away from a dead stop.
    You need lower final gearing (and resulting lower top speed), more gears, or more low speed engine torque to pull awauy from a dead stop.

Steve

Anthony 4k likes this.
  17. Anthony 4k

Anthony 4k New Member

Thanks, it was rich also moved snap ring up one is sooo much better

18. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

I got it all set up right with electric after the pull start broke and it was really nice.
    My helper put over a hundred miles on it before the electric start died too.

I talked with Z some and they have since replaced the plastic pull start part with a metal one.
    I have few clues as to whats up with the electrical other than I really to care for cramming the CDI in with the on-board power system...

[​IMG]

Different AC systems like this generally don't play well together, and the CDI has nothing to do with the bikes power system anyway, but it's more about what to do with the ugly box...

[​IMG]

I am supposed to be getting replacement parts under warranty.

19. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Well-Known Member

Obviously you redesign the box. Pvc is a simple idea and easier to make pretty.

20. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Ya, the CDI will get my keylock box, and the power a new box with some handy power ports USB.