Engine cylinder stud stuck, californiamotorbikes kit

Are the nuts fine threads ? From your pic it looks like the stud is coarse thread.
There was some weird stuff going on, don't feel like explaining much. Two random nuts from the kit for the sprocket I think, one could screw on, other couldnt, went and bought at oreillys, wouldn't screw on. Forced it on with a ratchet, then I could spin it with my hand. There was some crappy threading at the tip top of the stud I think, weird that the one nut could go on though

I had a similar experience with my California Motorbikes engine. The studs were junk and I had to chase them with an M8 die to get them to properly thread. The acorn nuts were no good either. As well, one of the stud holes in the engine case was drilled too deeply, causing a chip to break off and seize up the crankshaft. I just bought a new motor after that.

I had a similar experience with my California Motorbikes engine. The studs were junk and I had to chase them with an M8 die to get them to properly thread. The acorn nuts were no good either. As well, one of the stud holes in the engine case was drilled too deeply, causing a chip to break off and seize up the crankshaft. I just bought a new motor after that.
I just bought new studs from california motorbikes, hopefully nothing goes wrong haha. I don't know how to tap, or die, or anything

Sounds like maybe there are 2 different threads on that stud and you tried force installing it upside down. Just a guess.
I promise that wasn't the case, would be pretty funny though. Ordered new studs, hopefully this engine doesn't crap out

Sounds like maybe there are 2 different threads on that stud and you tried force installing it upside down. Just a guess.
Yea, That was my guess in post #3. I've seen it happen before studs with a different thread pitch on each end. 1.25 & 1.0
TestyAnt even bought new nuts and they wouldn't screw on. It's obvious that the thread pitch was wrong.

If you turn them in one turn and they stop, and then back them out and try again and they stop, then it's the wrong pitch, why force them?

If you turn them in one turn and they stop, and then back them out and try again and they stop, then it's the wrong pitch, why force them?
Because it's the only option I had, and I knew it'd work. I don't care about the studs. It was the right nut, there was just some thread damage at the top of the stud, causing it to not thread on. For some reason a random nut threaded on though. It just happened to like it

Because it's the only option I had, and I knew it'd work. I don't care about the studs. It was the right nut, there was just some thread damage at the top of the stud, causing it to not thread on. For some reason a random nut threaded on though. It just happened to like it

First, ya just don't "sorta fix the threads"
Second, ya shouldn't of jammed the stud in the case. I can't believe ya just kept forcing it in when ya knew it was F^cked up.
Third, If ya can't screw it in by hand then stop. It's obvious something is wrong.
Forth The stud only needs to be tighten to only 7 ft lbs and put blue loctite on it 7 ft lb is just a little bit more than hand tight
Fifth, A few Fu^ked up threads on a stud are easy to fix. Ya ever hear of a needle file?
Sixth, WTF ya thought you were going to be able to force on the head nut anyways?
Eighth, You should of stopped before ya started
Ninth, You say it's was your only option :LOL: and you knew it would work ? well it didn't

BTW The random nut that just happened to thread on the stud with the F^cked up metric threads Is because the nut had a different thread pitch it might of even been a USA nut. Your an idiot to think it was a fluke :ROFLMAO:

First, ya just don't "sorta fix the threads"
Second, ya shouldn't of jammed the stud in the case. I can't believe ya just kept forcing it in when ya knew it was F^cked up.
Third, If ya can't screw it in by hand then stop. It's obvious something is wrong.
Forth The stud only needs to be tighten to only 7 ft lbs and put blue loctite on it 7 ft lb is just a little bit more than hand tight
Fifth, A few Fu^ked up threads on a stud are easy to fix. Ya ever hear of a needle file?
Sixth, WTF ya thought you were going to be able to force on the head nut anyways?
Eighth, You should of stopped before ya started
Ninth, You say it's was your only option :LOL: and you knew it would work ? well it didn't

BTW The random nut that just happened to thread on the stud with the F^cked up metric threads Is because the nut had a different thread pitch it might of even been a USA nut. Your an idiot to think it was a fluke :ROFLMAO:
Did I say the stud didn't screw in by hand? I don't remember saying that. I'm not going to try to fix f***ed up threads, when I can just buy a whole set for $10. (including head gaskets, and other things). For number 6, I DID force the head nut on, that's how I got the stud out. For 9, it did work. That's why the stud is out now. Also, it's "you're". No need to be a douchebag

Back