Engine four strokes then dies

What size jet are you using? stock? Perhaps the float is not working properly. Does it 4 stroke at low end or only when you get up to speed? I would try a smaller jet and see if it continues.

What size jet are you using? stock? Perhaps the float is not working properly. Does it 4 stroke at low end or only when you get up to speed? I would try a smaller jet and see if it continues.
It's all stock except the intake. Carb is clean and is all working, float is all dry inside, and it only does it when I get up to roughly 25-35mph. When the clutch is disengaged it can't rev high like the choke is on.

It's all stock except the intake. Carb is clean and is all working, float is all dry inside, and it only does it when I get up to roughly 25-35mph. When the clutch is disengaged it can't rev high like the choke is on.
When it dies, is it difficult to restart or will it start right back up again?

Update everyone! I put on a HP carb and new throttle cable, -BUT- even with all the tentioners spaced out as far as possible, there is still a lot of slack in the cable. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_125237.jpg
    IMG_20200317_125237.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 108
Yeah, it doesn't sound like it's flooding, it's possible the float is too low in the carb, like it's not filling up enough. I would go with the new carb.

Back