Engine only recommendations?

noah9988

Local time
3:39 PM
Looking to get a new engine, I have everything else set up on the bike so I need an engine only. I want one of these.

Everything is already set up on it so I don't have to do any dicking around. I've heard bad things about their shipping, though, so I'm kind of weary of them.

This is an option I'm also considering.

Anyone else got recommendations? Budget is probably $250 max.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

try one of these. I buy them. They are great for the price. Full of power, just need a little port cleaning and they rip hard. They haggle too. I'm buying another one on pay day.

I use the 100cc engine in my nitro build. It's one bad arse sweet machine if you ask me. She's taking all that nitro power and just ripping up the hills in my area.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I would still like a 100cc... I'm afraid if I go to an 80cc I'll miss the torque. How fast will one of these go with mild port work and maybe a high compression head? I got a 38 tooth sprocket.

I'll second the motion on 100cc engine, they are great engine in my opinion. Whether you leave them stock, but if you do little work to them they really shine. By far the most torque out of any engine I've owned or somebody else has had.

I would still like a 100cc... I'm afraid if I go to an 80cc I'll miss the torque. How fast will one of these go with mild port work and maybe a high compression head? I got a 38 tooth sprocket.
you're gonna fly on a 38. I run a 44 for all the hills around here. I can't go over 1/4 throttle flat land or i'm rapped out. lol. I can how ever go 30 up hill and on flat land. lol 32 is my top speed, I'm built for hills, Pipe and all.

Remember guys the 100cc is an 80 or close. I assume the 49mm iron bore is actually less than say a 50mm YD.
How ever I find the 49mm a stronger runner than the YD. I have both in basically stock configuration. The main difference is the iron bore is easily tuned having a removable head that can change compression, chamber, shape, etc. Even though the iron bore is sleeved there is still G4 porting behind it. The G4 runs the best out of the box I have found.
I will be running more of the iron bore.

Remember guys the 100cc is an 80 or close. I assume the 49mm iron bore is actually less than say a 50mm YD.
How ever I find the 49mm a stronger runner than the YD. I have both in basically stock configuration. The main difference is the iron bore is easily tuned having a removable head that can change compression, chamber, shape, etc. Even though the iron bore is sleeved there is still G4 porting behind it. The G4 runs the best out of the box I have found.
I will be running more of the iron bore.
Me too. I love them. 79.5cc is what they really are. But way more power than the yd100. I'm buying another one here in a few days. From the vendor I linked. Good deal on the motors.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I keep seeing "steel sleeve" and have no idea what that means XD. It's not the same as iron is it?

They have a cast steel sleeve cast into a aluminum cylinder. I like the steel sleeve engines cause you dont have to worry about chrome flaking off the cylinder like that of a aluminum cylinder. I think they have better longevity as well, less worries of scoring a cylinder.

Back