Engine recommendation that accommodates this style of carb?

SuedePflow

Local time
1:52 PM
Hey all, I'm looking for recommendations of an engine to purchase. I've bought a couple of them on ebay in the past year or two and had nothing but problems. I'm looking for something premium, reliable, and powerful. 80cc or larger. Budget is unlimited. Also, due to the way my engine mounting is on my bmx bike, I find it best to run the style of carb that attaches with a silicone coupler like in the images below.

Please share some URL's. I'm ready to get this bike running again. Thanks!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 89
Dont know what to tell ya exactly, I don't choose or design my motor or bike around a carburetor as I have seen carby's work differently even on the same brand of motor and having to be retuned for that specific motor, no two motors work alike, even if they are "identical" always seem to work differently...lol.

I can only tell ya that I bought this Phantom 85 I am presently running now for what will be a year this July and it was able to achieve 51 MPH with throttle left over right out of the box with no modifications on its stock OZ type reed valve coupled to a JRL Bofeng carburetor using a 36 tooth sprocket on my Hyper beach cruiser that fully built weighs 80 to 90 pounds with my additional 217 pound lard arse sitting on it...It also has plenty of low end torque where I do not even have to pedal it from a complete stop If I don't wish to.

(I chickened out when I hit 51 since I do not enjoy racing stripes in my undies...lol.)

I couldn't be more pleased, this is a powerhouse of a motor.

This is the motor and this is where I got it from, and this is the bike it is on.

DSCN0227.JPG

DSCN0228.JPG

DSCN0230.JPG

Almost all of these motors are puposely designed to work with beach cruisers and mountain bikes as a general rule, not BMX or OCC types unless you like lots of modifications and tinkering...lol.

Back