Engine vibrates above 33kmh

Local time
8:42 AM
My bicycle starts up just fine and runs smoothly up to about 33kmh anything above that it will cause some pretty bad vibration and i used to go 38kmh with no problems no vibration nothing and i recently changed the type of two stroke engine oil i was using any thoughts on the cause?

You first have to determine whether it's the engine vibrating or the bike. If you rev up your engine, does it vibrate?

You first have to determine whether it's the engine vibrating or the bike. If you rev up your engine, does it vibrate?
Yeah i will have to check that after i get off work today however it did occur to me it could be the rear tire it does have a small amount of slop in it

Yeah i will have to check that after i get off work today however it did occur to me it could be the rear tire it does have a small amount of slop in it
You could be onto something there with the back wheel...Any sort of what you call "slop", such as not being trued, slight bend to rim, tire, etc. will magnify itself more and more as speed increases...That was one of the many reasons why I converted to mag rims instead of using spoke rims.

I got really tired of adjusting spokes, trueing rims, and readjusting rag joint attachment to the rear sprocket to get it spot on all the time.

Mag rims eliminated all of those problems for me as I want to be riding my bike, not constantly making adjustments that are just a PITA and a total waste of my time when better ways exist to not have these kind of problems in the first place.

Let us know how ya make out there.

You could be onto something there with the back wheel...Any sort of what you call "slop", such as not being trued, slight bend to rim, tire, etc. will magnify itself more and more as speed increases...That was one of the many reasons why I converted to mag rims instead of using spoke rims.

I got really tired of adjusting spokes, trueing rims, and readjusting rag joint attachment to the rear sprocket to get it spot on all the time.

Mag rims eliminated all of those problems for me as I want to be riding my bike, not constantly making adjustments that are just a PITA and a total waste of my time when better ways exist to not have these kind of problems in the first place.

Let us know how ya make out there.
Yeah i think i may just need to tighten where the wheel bearings are i tightened them a little this morning before work and it was a little better but still happens

Yeah i think i may just need to tighten where the wheel bearings are i tightened them a little this morning before work and it was a little better but still happens
Oh yeah, I forgot that one...Always having to keep adjusting the wheel bearings...lol...With the sealed bearings on the mags, versus the stock cage bearings on the spoke rims, I have not once had to adjust the mag wheel bearings in the 1750 miles I have on them right now.

Oh yeah, I forgot that one...Always having to keep adjusting the wheel bearings...lol...With the sealed bearings on the mags, versus the stock cage bearings on the spoke rims, I have not once had to adjust the mag wheel bearings in the 1750 miles I have on them right now.
How are those rims? and i am not sure if i can get those rims in poland and my front rim is 24" and the rear is 20"😅

Back