engine won't start, clutch is engaged but wheel spins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I squish the end of the red straw that comes with the can into a thin, flat tip.
I then practice on a piece of newspaper to get a feel for the spray button and then squirt a teeny bit of grease in 3 to 5 different places around the clutch hub, rolling the bike forward to rotate the clutch hub in between squirts. It is a learned technique as applying too much grease will result in the grease flinging outwards when the clutch is spinning and contaminate the friction pads. It really does not take much grease at all, just frequent applications.

I did the test to see if my crankshaft was turning when I rolled it and it does spin but it's fully silent and doesn't try and turn over the motor. Does anyone know what my problem is

I got a similar problem with my bike and I can't figure it out not sure why the rear tire spins freely? This definitely causes a loss of compression in the motor. My clutch is adjusted properly. I guess I'm ignorant to which gears should be moving while the clutch is disengaged meaning hands off clutch while just rolling the bike around. All three gears move. And the small bevel gear stops moving when clutch engaged. But still low compression rear tire spins freely and when engaging clutch motor is dragging like you hear the the Piston moving up and down but no fuel combustion. Would like to hear more replies from other uses that I've experienced this problem. If a Woodruff key is bad why is sprocket still turning while rolling bike?

ok so i had this problem starting a few days ago and now im finally having some time to fix it and i can't find anything that has to deal with my problem.
so the problem is that when i engage the clutch i can tell the clutch is engaged because i can hear the piston move but when i start to pedal on the bike it seems almost like a gear is slipping because i can hear the piston slowly moving. so i thought it was the clutch pads at first so i decided to take off the the clove looking nut and check but compared to others ive seen they look like they are in good condition.
im not sure if this is a clutch issue but the problem seems to be like a stripped gear or something but honestly have no clue...any help would greatly be appreciated, i start school in 3 days and this is my only way to get there lol
thank you
I'm having the same problem anyone know what it can be thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back