Finding Performance By Accident

??

I am a little confused here you guys are talking about the CDI unit ?????It might be that my motor is so old but the core wire is copper I had to cut off the boot it just did not last .....put a electrical conector on the wire adn screwed the whole thing down on the top of the plug .

Have they changed to a carbon core ????

Cookie

I'm not sure actually cause in my case,I had just built my bike and rode it for about 50 miles when I loaded it up to my truck and failed to see that my bike rack was pulling on my spark plug wire,losing it completly on the road. Then I replaced it with automotive grade.
So is the original spark plug wire copper core? I don't know. I assumed it was carbon by evidence of the beginnings of this rather old thread.

copper

It may be because my motor is so old but my CDI wire is copper/ rubber when did they switch to carbon???

The only problem I had was with the boot so I just cut it off and used an elect connector ans screwed the whol thing on the top of the plug.

Cookie

I believe the stock sparkplug wire is copper, but very thin. The metal wire that I have performs better, I assume because it's thicker. I will probably go to a copper wire next from that hot rod company I got the clear red wire from.

Whoa Baby! I put some of that hotrodcompany copper core spark plug wire on my huasheng 4 stroke today with an NGK iridium spark plug and boy does that thing start & run like a dream now. I only wish I had a gear box that worked to put ont my engine so I could say how much it increased performance. My top speed was 25 mph with a 48 tooth sprocket before my gear box went out. I'll keep yas posted on how it goes once I get my replacement gear box.

Copper Core wire and cap

I just got some of the copper core wire yesterday. You can really tell the difference in this wire compared to the stock wire. The copper wire is much thicker and looks more like quality copper. I also used one of hotrod company's Rajah sparkplug wire ends which gives you a direct connect to the plug cap. This is the link to see them:

http://www.thehotrodcompany.com/shopnow/show_item.asp?product_id=91064225

I put a few pics to show my setup. Sorry they are a little blurry, but you get the idea. It really made a difference in the sound and speed. I can easily get up to 35, and the motor feels like it's not straining to cruise around at 30mph on my 44T sprocket. Now I can't wait to get the 36T sprocket and see what that does.

Attachments

• S7300336 (Medium).JPG
    S7300336 (Medium).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 650
  • S7300335 (Medium).JPG
    S7300335 (Medium).JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 612
Guess that's why the good kits already have it, eh?

All of mine come stock with 7mm race wire and NGK plugs. Haven't been able to figure out why others do not. But then again, it's all those little things that make the big difference in the individual kits that are available from everyone out there.

You should probably be able to figure on a rough 1 mph increase per tooth that you decrease on your sprocket size...expect to add a rough 8 mph to your top speed when you swap the 44 for a 36.

Ride safely.

7mm copper spark plug wire and Boot

The 7mm copper spark plug wire and Boot with the spring, meant for the cap left on top of your spark plug, are available at your local Marina shop (Boat/ Hardware Stores)..

maxima ... Thats what I used to use on my Dirt Bikes Oh and I think mc-10+

Sparking plugs

The motor I purchased came with a spark plug #LD Z4C
with no other designation? I can not find a replacement plug?
It's a China 70CC motorbike motor.......
What plug do you suggest I use?
I can not find Denso plugs?
Thanking You in Advance...................... EZ:confused:

Back