Finished for now.....MOTOPED Cruzer- 4 Stroke Lifan 50cc 2 speed automatic- Refurb Project

Good on you Mr Risk. Those are such sweet looking bikes. That looks like the big challenge no matter where you live is getting a vin # for a gas moto ped.
Thanks. These have a MFG plate on them with factory issued VIN. The problem is, no one seems to retain the original certificate of origin from the MFG. Not sure why but I guess they think because they are "mopeds", they will not need them like a motorcycle.

Thanks. These have a MFG plate on them with factory issued VIN. The problem is, no one seems to retain the original certificate of origin from the MFG. Not sure why but I guess they think because they are "mopeds", they will not need them like a motorcycle.
I know yeah, that COA makes the bike more valuable too.

Now that I am pretty much done with the refurb for now I am going to close this thread for now. After any updates on the bike I will post them. I am building a custom license plate frame to match the fenders and will upgrade the carb in the coming weeks. Thanks for taking the ride with me on this one. The survival bike is being picked up this weekend for a Virginia Beach buyer to enjoy its next saga.

Attachments

• 1F6A4AC8-18D6-4708-9006-4D6893C2EDA1.jpeg
    1F6A4AC8-18D6-4708-9006-4D6893C2EDA1.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 59
Based on the trail and wheel base it looks stable but nimble. Maybe I'm spoiled by hybrid bikes but even a cross country mountain bike feels too hard to turn at any speed fast enough to countersteer.

How does the 2 speed feel? Is it clunky or a distracting drop in rpm? I know a cvt tuned wrong can feel slower than molasses but I've never ridden a centrifugal 2 speed.

Now that I am pretty much done with the refurb for now I am going to close this thread for now. After any updates on the bike I will post them. I am building a custom license plate frame to match the fenders and will upgrade the carb in the coming weeks. Thanks for taking the ride with me on this one. The survival bike is being picked up this weekend for a Virginia Beach buyer to enjoy its next saga.
Motoped Cruiser has always been one of my favorites since it first came out
She's a keeper just like your Whizzers (y) a prize in your stable of M/Bs

Based on the trail and wheel base it looks stable but nimble. Maybe I'm spoiled by hybrid bikes but even a cross country mountain bike feels too hard to turn at any speed fast enough to countersteer.

How does the 2 speed feel? Is it clunky or a distracting drop in rpm? I know a cvt tuned wrong can feel slower than molasses but I've never ridden a centrifugal 2 speed.
I took it for a real ride just now. It is pretty responsive and pretty stable. Smooth of course over the bumps. I have not touched the shock adjustments from or rear yet.

The special auto two speed is interesting, but again, I have very little experience other than the Whizzer and the BT 80cc China girl. It has pretty good pick up, then about 15-18 it has pretty good pull. If you let the throttle off too quick above 15 MPH it seems to "downshift" and start revving pretty high. If you let off the throttle slowly, it stays in second gear and is much smoother deceleration. At least that is what I seem to notice on this 5 mile ride. It is pretty windy today, but through the cross wind (I don't have any east and west streets to accelerate on and the wind is out of the east at 20 today) I got it up to 37mph which surprised me as it is "rated" at 24.

That thing would be sweet with a 140 manual.
She would be a monster, that's also when ya ditch the pedals for foot pegs so ya can shift
What make's me wonder how a foot break for the rear disc brake could be adapted
But I guess it's been done before so a little research would probably explain how to do that

Back