Finished for now.....MOTOPED Cruzer- 4 Stroke Lifan 50cc 2 speed automatic- Refurb Project

The original engine and how it operates is cool and unique to Motoped
But if there was any reasons that stock engine didn't perform acceptable an engine upgrade is an option
Seems to be working acceptable, I'm sure Risky will keep us updated (y)

She would be a monster, that's also when ya ditch the pedals for foot pegs so ya can shift
What make's me wonder how a foot break for the rear disc brake could be adapted
But I guess it's been done before so a little research would probably explain how to do that
If you bolted on a heel and toe shifter like on the old trail 90s i think you could pull it off with pedals. It would obviously take alot of getting used to

Ok... you guys are way ahead of me here! :) I have only ridden it 7 miles so far....... and with a 140, I would have to turn in my Motoped Plate and buy a motorcyce title....... NOT!! LOL
I love it, and agree with you. It operates in the moped range plus some, what more could a guy want. If I wanted a motorcycle, I'd get one.

125s and 140s are too much, even a 110 is too much.

I love it, and agree with you. It operates in the moped range plus some, what more could a guy want. If I wanted a motorcycle, I'd get one.

125s and 140s are too much, even a 110 is too much.
I'm tempted by the 70cc pit bike engines. Claimed horse power is 4 and change. Electric and kick start, 4 speed semi auto gear box, I want to say the stock front sprocket uses 420 chain. I'm not a fan of the weight though, it would weigh as much, if not more than the rest of the build if its using a bicycle frame.

I'm tempted by the 70cc pit bike engines. Claimed horse power is 4 and change. Electric and kick start, 4 speed semi auto gear box, I want to say the stock front sprocket uses 420 chain. I'm not a fan of the weight though, it would weigh as much, if not more than the rest of the build if its using a bicycle frame.
A big bore 50cc quad. That's what I have. If you snoop around in my media file, you might find a picture.

I rebuilt it and new wiring harness, runs real good The guy I got it from had it in a shed that collapsed from snow on the roof. The side of the bike said 48cc and the same as the jug, so I ordered the parts for the rebuild off of that. Then I was looking at some other bits and noticed a measurement for the jug of a 70cc and it was the same as the one I had. I hit the brakes on the order and got the right size just in time.

Even Conan O'Brien like the Cruzer enough to have ordered one early on!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 43
Back