Flooded 35cc Subaru?

Mine has about 250 miles on it. I don't have any loss of power. I have cleaned the spark plug for the routine maintenance and haven't had any problems. I did see in the manual if one of the fuel lines is leaking to replace the line. Maybe that is your problem. Just guessing. By the way, how many mpgs do you get. I get about 125 mpg, but I do weigh about 215 and have to climb about 5 steady inclines on the way to work.

restrictive air filter

I'm riding a new RS 35cc at about 5,000ft altitude and pulling a lot of hills. Engine at idle it was missing a bit and I figured it might be running rich. No air screw on the carb so I looked at the air cleaner and found a thick paper element beneath the foam element. I took it out and idle is cleaner and engine slightly more responsive through range.

I also noticed a little darkening of the oil which may have been excess gas contaminating the oil. This may relate to problems others describe with filter getting wet but this was not the case with mine - dry and no smell of gas.

I wouldn't recommend removing the paper element in dusty conditions, the foam element is coarse and thin. I might try a little oil on it for added protection or find a bit finer foam element.

Back