Flower nut stuck, bucking bar won't press in. Can anyone help?

Tns5052

Local time
8:54 AM

Does anyone know what I should do to get my flower nut off and my bucking bar to press in correctly? I'm thinking the ball is stuck inside? I'm not sure. It's a new kit off Amazon but I can't get past this issue.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes, but my clutch isn't moving my bucking bar inward. The Bucking bar won't push in at all to make it so I can turn the flower nut. When I pulled the Bucking bar out, I think there's a ball? No ball comes out though, which makes me think the ball is either stuck or missing. But if it were missing my bucking bar wouldn't stick out like it does correct? Either way, the Bucking bar won't press in using the clutch..so I can't remove the nut using the clutch.
The bucking bar is very hard to push in by hand, you need to install the cover and the arm with cable to push it in.

fed the clutch cable through its arm and realized when squeezing my cable handle that it doesn't pull in much
That means you just put the cable through the clutch arm very loosely and did not have the arm under pressure by having someone push it in to hold it in place whilst tightening the screw that holds the cable in place...If you saw my pic of the clutch arm, with the lever totally released, you will note that that spring that goes over the cable housing is compressed, thats why you will probably need that other set of hands to push that bar in.

When your cable is put in correctly and the flower nut is adjusted correctly, your clutch arm will be in the position shown below when the clutch lever is all the way out when the clutch is totally engaged.

View attachment 181959

Off course it won't push in by hand, do you realise how much spring tension is there...This is why I am trying to tell you to start from scratch and do things IN ORDER to do this correctly.
I didn't think about it like that. I was just following a YouTube tutorial and they made it look so easy to push in by hand and disengage so I thought surely there's an issue there. They had both those plate soff to add the chain. But you were right once I put it back together and applied torque with the arm it moved the pin in and now I can get the nut off. Thank you again!

I was just following a YouTube tutorial
I personally hate the youtube tutorials when it comes to these beasties...You have no idea how many messes we help people with here in the forums after someone has tried to put one of these things together using those youtube videos...lol...lol.

Another way to lace up the chain without either cover off…
Squeeze the clutch handle and lock it in the squeezed position. This will free up the small gear to turn.
Then put a link of the chain over the top of a tooth or two of the small gear.
Once it’s there I use a screw driver to push the gear teeth and make it rotate around.. it will bring the chain with it and when it makes it all the way around I hook it with a piece wire and pull it on around and out.

Sometimes it will want to jamb as it get a little more than half way around. If it does this I reach in with a piece of wire from the bottom half the gear…with a hook bent on the end of the wire… and hook the chain then pull it around.

A light to see what’s going on helps the first few times.

Once you see how it works….this way is a fast way to get a chain on without having to deal with the cover bolts.

When feeding my chain over the motor sprocket with the cover on and when it starts to jam up I put the bike in a wheelie as I turn the sprocket . Kinda cumbersome. But it worked.

I personally hate the youtube tutorials when it comes to these beasties...You have no idea how many messes we help people with here in the forums after someone has tried to put one of these things together using those youtube videos...lol...lol.
I recommend the YouTube channel U-Moto. Jimmy goes step by step and explains things so that anyone can do it. That's who I bought my kit from and I used his videos. I just wish he would have told me to get the NGK br6hs spark plug.

Another way to lace up the chain without either cover off…
Squeeze the clutch handle and lock it in the squeezed position. This will free up the small gear to turn.
Then put a link of the chain over the top of a tooth or two of the small gear.
Once it’s there I use a screw driver to push the gear teeth and make it rotate around.. it will bring the chain with it and when it makes it all the way around I hook it with a piece wire and pull it on around and out.

Sometimes it will want to jamb as it get a little more than half way around. If it does this I reach in with a piece of wire from the bottom half the gear…with a hook bent on the end of the wire… and hook the chain then pull it around.

A light to see what’s going on helps the first few times.

Once you see how it works….this way is a fast way to get a chain on without having to deal with the cover bolts.
Wouldn't it be easier to take the cover off?

Back