Front Disc Brake

Tyler6357

Local time
4:05 PM
Hello friends:
My front disc brake kinda sucks, it's just a cheap mechanical one with a 160 mm rotor and the vibrations tend to loosen the screw that tightens and loosens the calipers. The disc can get very hot so I was looking for something better. I was thinking of getting one with a 203 mm rotor. I was looking at these mechanical ones but I don't know if they are any good.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bike-BICYCLE-Disk-Disc-Brake-Caliper-203mm-Front-TAIWAN/110722111847?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=20150817211856&meid=3efabb4b86624c27868bef68d11dadf4&pid=100508&rk=1&rkt=1&&itm=110722111847&_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226

MZ Miami sells these 203 rotors but no calipers. I'm considering getting them and finding the calipers separately.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-...MM-DISCO-DE-FRENO-PARA-BICICLETA/282532072659

I've been using mechanical ones but I really don't know much about bicycle disc brakes. I wouldn't mind going Hydraulic. I'm interested in recommendations, I don't mind spending more if they are truly better.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If i had too chose i would stick with mechanical disk breaks hydro's are nice but i trust mechanical over hydro with my life

Look into a pad upgrade first. It could be all you need. That and some Loctite.
This. Just don't use red loctite unless you found an everlasting brake pad. Sucks that stinking screw kept you from getting max enjoyment in the race... Hydraulics can be a pain, some require frequent bleeding (otherwise you are the one bleeding). Imagine getting killed by an air bubble.

I bought a front and rear hydraulic disc set on Amazon for $75, Tektro is the brand, came with 2 160mm disc, pre bled caliper/lever assembly for front and rear, and mounting hardware for disc and calipers. Still finishing up my build, so no ride time on them.

As for the caliper, seems the avid bb7 is a good choice for those on a budget but want to pay a little more for better quality without breaking the wallet. Lots of folks seem to use it on their motorized bikes and like it.

I bought a front and rear hydraulic disc set on Amazon for $75, Tektro is the brand, came with 2 160mm disc, pre bled caliper/lever assembly for front and rear, and mounting hardware for disc and calipers. Still finishing up my build, so no ride time on them.
I just got my second rear brake in has a 3/8" rise ring also has threads I'm suppose to screw it on but I ain't got no threads I can remember on my mag rims and if so the the drive gear covers them.

Front disk brake a breeze to put on but you half to be damn careful putting wheel on cuz you might bend the rotor.

More bad news company did not know rotor size Xs bracket it's to damn small only get 1/4" pad on rotor, but I got another larger rotor got to swap out could send it back bit other kits look mess up too for motorize REI mechanics think it can't be done not enough room, I think it can be all motorize bikes are very close tolerances. See what happens tomorrow!

I notice those kits come with 2 gear adapters you have spare can I pay you 5 bucks for it? My kit came as fucup.

Back