CVT Full Suspension CVT

Yeah Curtis, I have been thinking about using one of those ever since about 2 months after I threw one away.
When I was over on Mytractor.com some guys didn't like them, saying they are not reliable but I have been using a cheap tractor with that drive for a long time -and it was old when I got it.

I thimk if they were taken care of they would last. I went to the deer dealer and the one I have would be close to $300 to replace The thing is about 20 lbs.all machined not stamped like the MTD so some of them might be junt and others good. The dealer said that never knowen to replace one. I paid $5.02 on ebay. If it were half the size and used A belts insted of B it would be perfict for MB. It would be like the CVT's The comet for bigger engines that turn 3,600 rpm's and the China one that is designed for the little high rpm's engines. I will be looking for some pullys that could be used and see if I can put one together..........Curt

I haven't learned to post pic's. yet but if you could PM me your email I can scan it and send and maybe you could post? I also have the printout from the dealer showes the breakdown fo it.............Curt

verydrive

This is what they look like. This the 110 john deer all machined,wereas the Murey & MTD are stamped and lighter. These are almost 6 inches in diametor so they would take up a lot of room. If they could be made smaller it would give quit a range of speed. Lawn tractors have 7 speeds thats a good range

Verydrive 001.jpg

Verydrive 002.jpg

This is the dealer brakedown of the vearydrive. I havnot had a stamped on apart so don't know but the are close .........Curt
scan0001.jpg

Thank God for sons showed me how...........Curt

very drive

Here is a compleat one. One belt down and one belt up. To shift you just rock it on the pivit. These are the 5/8" b-belts. It would be nice if it were scaled down for a 1/2" A-belt. In the bottom the belt is like on a 1 1/2" to 51/2" on the up side. Pivit it back and just the opiset, that is a lot of range...Curt

veridrive 001.jpg

veridrive 002.jpg

veridrive 003.jpg

Curtis,
Appreciate your time in posting!

I think I have the idea? As the pulley moves in and out on the center shaft, the belt rides higher or lower on the pulley set, changing the ratio. Am I correct?

I'd be able to make the pulleys out of hardwood if I had something sized correctly to copy! Probably even be able to mill them out of aluminum, but would take a while unless I had a casting made close to size!

You are right. I haven't thought about Hardwood but I have some hard maple, I could do just for tryout. I was also thinking about cutting some over the counter pullys and make one to try. Found one comercial on the net, but $150. I think 3" pulleys would be about right size. I am just suprized that no one has tried this so easy to change ratios just move it back and forth. To work it also needs spring tension on one belt or the unit itself.....Curt

Back