CVT where to find

jimfindlay356

Local time
4:00 PM
I want to install a CVT clutch, continuously veritable transmission, on my 4-stroke gas bike. The problem I have run into is that I cannot find a Torque converter kit with the second drive sprocket on the backside of the mounting plate. This sprocket would have to be for a number 415, for the 415 chain. can someone give me a part number and a place to purchase said CVT unit.

I want to install a CVT clutch, continuously veritable transmission, on my 4-stroke gas bike. The problem I have run into is that I cannot find a Torque converter kit with the second drive sprocket on the backside of the mounting plate. This sprocket would have to be for a number 415, for the 415 chain. can someone give me a part number and a place to purchase said CVT unit.
You can buy a CVT on eBay and Amazon. You can get sprockets from here.

The driven side of a CVT is basically a jack shaft. If you pull out the circlip the whole thing will fall apart, from there you just put it back together in the order you want it.

I bought a go kart one and replaced the shaft and bearings so I could run a 5/8 keyed shaft and put the output sprocket on the correct side for the chain to rear wheel.

Those don’t have the output sprocket on the correct side. The ones that do are out of stock everywhere. The only way around is to do what I did, which is purchase a new shaft and bearings. The shaft that comes on the go kart cvts is two different diameters, one for the pulley and sprocket, and a larger diameter to go through the bearings. This makes it impossible to put the output sprocket on the other side of the shaft, where it is needed for a motorized bicycle. I bought a go kart one not knowing this, and that’s how I came up with the solution for the 5/8 shaft and bearings.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back