GEBE Long Distance Riders - Add a Tank for 50 oz of Extra Fuel

nothin' wrong with packing, so long as you have a good posture on the bike :)

'vtec: that sure is a clean job, and a heck of a nice post too...i assume you got fast service from DDM eh?

It looks great! Nice job.

thanks for the mod idea... it was exactly what I was looking for.

super clean install!!! i really dig that ammo box on the other side... looks quite sturdy. you, my friend are a hard core commuter!!! stupid me carries at least 15 lbs of gear on my backpack!!

Yeah I ride a lot... I just cant get enough. Anytime I am going somewhere by myself I take the townie, unless I have something with me I cant carry. The ammo can is SOLID, trust me. I used 5000 lb epoxy to hold those steel reinforcing straps in place. Then I drilled holes through the straps and ran the mounting bolts through them. It holds just about anything you could fit in there. Its handy because it gives something to grab onto when I am changing the oil or walking over rough terrain.

nothin' wrong with packing, so long as you have a good posture on the bike :)

'vtec: that sure is a clean job, and a heck of a nice post too...i assume you got fast service from DDM eh?

Great service from daves motors and adaracing both. Packing sucks... sorry man. I tried it for a couple of weeks. If you have a GEBE I highly suggest the ammo can. It holds most anything you need it to. I will post a write up if anybody wants me to. All together... It cost me like $20.

hehe...but what if your bikebags are already full?
2316280_l.jpg

seriously, i think a left-side ammo-can or pannier is perfect on a GEBE, quite often i only use the left bag. i'm working on getting still more storage on the bike & making the pack as light as possible.

i made a simple diagram of the 1-line aux tank, maybe someone would do the same for this 2-line method...i'm not sure a lot of folks understand that it's the basic theory that they need to learn, then they can apply it to their specific project: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=242717&postcount=28

I'm going to be doing a 64 ounce tank from Staton on my GEBE Subaru Robin rig. If you want me to post my rendition here just let me know. It tucks tightly under the existing tank rather well with resulting short fuel lines to boot. I'll be routing the fuel as per Den's instructions from GEBE. The little graphic I hope illustrates it. Also see 64 oz Staton tank photo.
PS The Stanton tank is only $20 plus freight.

Attachments

• extratank.jpg
    extratank.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 428
  • image_thumbnailer.jpg
    image_thumbnailer.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 400
Hey Vtec,
I found the thread! YES, I would like for you to share with us how you mounted the 50 cal ammo box to your GEBE Townie :unsure:. Thanks

Hey Vtec,
I found the thread! YES, I would like for you to share with us how you mounted the 50 cal ammo box to your GEBE Townie :unsure:. Thanks

Sorry, I haven't forgotten about that... just haven't had time to do the write up yet.

another 2-line install

this one's for kevin's GEBE/PF33 gary fisher. it's intended for the left-side, centered under the belt-cover. 2 tabs will be welded to the mounting-strap, the tank-plate will bolt to them, the tank will be mounted to the plate with standoffs.
Mvc-022f.jpg
Mvc-029f.jpg

gas from bottom tank to 1" inside the top-hole in main-tank, main-tank filters & feeds the carby, return-line from carby goes to bottom tank. thanks to the info here, we expect good results :cool:

he got the "1.5l" (as yet uncalibrated) tank with cap & lines and plain black cover from adaracing pretty cheap & pretty fast too.

Last edited:
we still have to run the lines, but here ya go...we're very pleased with this one :)

Attachments

• Mvc-037f.jpg
    Mvc-037f.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 368
  • Mvc-038f.jpg
    Mvc-038f.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
finished!

but he decided to go single-line...that's 74oz of fuel he's packing now...he said he'll be back, but it may be a while ;)

Attachments

• Mvc-003f.jpg
    Mvc-003f.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 367
Back