GiantStone MB-Iguana

Holy ****! You've got some serious build skill. I love the boardtrack inspired design.
Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.
Thanks for your help also!

SS

WOW !!! I absolutely agree.......great idea and I will be awaiting further news of success with your design !!! I, too, am a believer in the Honda GXH 50 motor.......excellent engine..... Thanx for sharing, and keep up the good work !!! Charlie A.

Speed calculations and size of sprokets.

I really like your design. I'm going to be mimicing your general idea and parts if they will fit.

What speed do you anticipate with that Honda? I'm going to be mounting it on a 20" trike and would like to use your reduction knowledge and see if they will work for mine. I'm looking to get around 30-35 MPH with some good acceleration, think I can get it? The way I see it, I think I can. I'm thinking I'm in the high torque, medium to low top speed.

What is the diameter of those gears? I have a limitation on the height of the final drive gear and it isn't listed any where.

Looking forward to seeing your video on the tube!!!

could you use the 16 tooth htd pulley, to a larger final drive pulley, and bypass the jackshaft? I am contemplating on doing so, with my set up, but awaiting some prices from pheifer? industries. You have an awsome workshop, I just have to get by with ordering the exact pulleys and hope for the best.

Mike

could you use the 16 tooth htd pulley, to a larger final drive pulley, and bypass the jackshaft? I am contemplating on doing so, with my set up, but awaiting some prices from pheifer? industries. You have an awsome workshop, I just have to get by with ordering the exact pulleys and hope for the best.

Mike

You could achieve the overall reduction you will need using a 16t driver but the larger driven pulley would need to be at least a 288t and maybe even as large as 310t. For the set up I'm trying to put together the limiting factor was the smallest driver I could get attached to the clutch to fit the 5/8 out put shaft of the Honda Motor. That turned out to be a 23t driver. If you are using a motor system that has a smaller diameter output shaft then you can probably use a smaller driver, maybe as small as 11t-12t and then you will get into the area of perhaps not needing the jackshaft, but you would probably still need a pretty large pulley for the rear wheel something around 200t - 210t

Another option would be to use the Staton 3.11:1 CCW Rotation reduction gearbox in lew of the jackshaft and then use the 16t driver to the larger driven pulley something in the area of 96t

ocscully

I've been trying to figure out a way to do away with my noisy gearbox and imagined a similar set up to this, except useing the big spoke attached wheel ring as the rear driver. Belts would be sooo nice and quiet. Awesome build, you are seriously commited, but after seeing what you are going through I think if I pursue this I will use chains instead, noisier but easier. I hope to see you fabricate a massive stealth muffler to compliment those belts.

Back