Girls to boys firestone pilot

DieselTech

Local time
4:04 PM
Ok everyone I put some tires on this girls bike that came with it, I'm thinking about cutting top tube out & raking head stem about 1". Then flipping top tube over, & welding it back in to become a boys bike. I rode this today & I felt like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz LOL, with all the squeaks & clicking going on. Kinda a cool old bicycle. Should I start cutting?
20211030_151341.jpg

Lol do you think the crank arm has been bent for a couple days, kid must of rode the all the living 🤬 out of it.

Well guys I did it, boys bike now! I have a bunch of pics of process but my F#$%N phone
20211101_131448.jpg
deleted them some how. Heres a couple pics thou, going to make a nice bike. Tubing was way thicker than expected. I raked head tube back a full 1½" I think it looks nice, what you guys think?
20211101_130340.jpg

Going to look awesome when you're done!!
Well guys I did it, boys bike now! I have a bunch of pics of process but my F#$%N phone View attachment 160294deleted them some how. Heres a couple pics thou, going to make a nice bike. Tubing was way thicker than expected. I raked head tube back a full 1½" I think it looks nice, what you guys think?View attachment 160293

Back