Guys im stuck and need your help

Jdmassie

Local time
6:23 PM
Hello I am having issues with my motor redlining and over revving only when I pull in the clutch. I have tried everything to fix it. Checked for vacuum leaks around the carborator and intake and put gasket seal everywhere, I tried changing out the carburetor, I messed with the throttle cable it isnt sticking. The bike runs fine when the clutch is out but as soon as I pull the clutch in it starts to redline and if I dont kill the motor it would blow itself up. What am I doing wrong? Its a 80cc 2 stroke motor. I didnt originally have this problem.

Had same problem. I went around and tightened all the bolts I could head, exhaust, intake, also changed fuel line. And my gas cap seal was bad. After fixing this things the problem was fixed. Has to adjust carb screw as well. Does sound like an air leak somewhere.

Sounds exactly like the issue I had with my carb. The slide had some casting flash on it and wouldn't let it go all the way to the bottom, then when I sanded it all off the return spring was too short. I stretched the spring and adjusted my idle and it's been great since.

You can try loosening the idle screw as well, as FiftyCali mentioned. That will bring down the idle rpm. But its probably a different issue.

Last edited:
Back