Head Stud Question

If you don't have a thread gauge, take bolt or nut in question with you the store and find the, nut or bolt that works. Easiest way known to man....

I am running a SBP Jackshaft, so I don't have the chain tensioner your referring to. So, your head studs are 1.0mm?

Pete
NO My 6mm (all of them) studs are 6 x 1.0, and my 8mm studs are 8 x 1.25, which includes the cylinder studs, and the tensioner bolts. If you bought the kit new, what did you do with the tensioner and hardware???

If you don't have a thread gauge, take bolt or nut in question with you the store and find the, nut or bolt that works. Easiest way known to man....

I took the engine to the French store and for the head studs they didn't have the correct nut, but for the rest of the studs they did. So, all is good now. Thank you to everyone who has helped in this matter.

Pete

I am glad that all of us could help you!
Congratulations on your success at the hardware store.

As for the darned acorn head nuts, you can use flat washers underneath them to insure that they will not bottom out on the ends of the studs.
As a general rule of thumb, you need the thread engagement to be at least the same depth as the fastener width. 8mm studs need at least 8mm thread engagement down the length of the stud. Keep that in mind if you use flat washers. Do not use too many.

Back