Hello from Mesa AZ

JunkYardDog, You may be right about this being a repurposed derailleur. I found this one on Amazon that looks like it would work the same.

http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-RD-TZ...1459209367&sr=8-7&keywords=shimano+derailleur

Here is how it would likely setup:
upload_2016-3-28_21-44-16.png

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
-------------------------------
KC nice to know there are other folks form AZ on here.

I agree about the breaks, I would really like to convert the whole thing to disk breaks, front and back. Use the dual cable break handle to work them in unison. Just not sure I am ready to spend the $$ to replace the rims just to add disk breaks.
I will look into adding the caliper break on the front though.
I suggest you just get a new fork and front wheel for disc as with that just a coaster brake in the back will do.

bike1-2_a-jpg.71402

A Springer Fork would go with the Ape Hanger handlebars, just see what their brake options are!

If you want dual discs, start with a bike that comes with them.

2_Fito3doneL-1280.jpg

Actually I replaced the Fito's triple tree forks with shock forks on this one but the point is the bike comes with disc brakes on it.

Until then please put a front caliper on bud, it's a cheap and easy way to cut your chances of getting hurt riding in half.

Yep, taking your advise, and ordered the front caliper, cable and handle last night.

Back