hello, nik here.. so it begins! happytime

HOORAY!!!!!:D:LOL: It's a good feeling with many Happy Times on the way! I'm so happy for you!:D

sounds like he's got the fever now! now get out there & break it in!! it's so addicting!

Hello again from NC ;)

I have an update for my story, lol

I mentioned that the spark plug gap being opened up a hair worked. and it did.. once ;)

The next day i had no ability to start the bike. i tried... uh. yeah, everything . seriously.

I started to wonder if my spark was just not quite enough... so i pulled plug, and placed the sparkplug into the boot,, then i went down a medium hill and let out the clutch to see if i had spark.. and i saw some spark, and i touched the spark and felt a little jolt. but... was the spark enough? no. "the compression of the engine would even further make the spark weak". (told to me by duane @ dax)

so, no i have the feeling that this is most definately a "magneto" issue.. I have opened it up and it looks fine. but, what do i know! lol.

i am still seeing spark, but it must be too weak.

i have no kill switch installed at this point.. i wanted to make sure it was not the problem. nope.

when the new magneto shows up. and i try it out.. i cant wait to tell you about it! and i cant wait for the neighbors to say... alright! you got it runnin! ;)

I love this bike, did i mention its becoming an obsession! lol. I am already fantisizing about my next build, then the next, then the next.. oh my god. i cant imagine how sweet my 100th one will be! lol oh, man, once i perfect this first bike,, i will be a skilled ninja ready to take on the motobike 2stroke world! ha. im having fun here, but i hope you know my joy.

peace for now... bike patiently waiting to roll. special thank you again to "duane at thatsdax" for his great help.. i recommend thatsdax.com , check em out.

-nik

Thank you motorizedbike.com MBc for this great forum,, you guys are such help and inspiration! means a lot. i will hope to share my knowledge once it is tuned up and firing down the road to the sweet sound of a two stroke popping along!

Last edited:
I must add one more post to this thread...

The engine problem was the clutch cable was too tight (not the plug gap or the magneto)

I let out about 1/4 inch slack into and the clutch cable assembly and the clutch started to engage and engine fires up..everytime!

Just goes to show you that troubleshooting can be tough. Thanks guys.

Good to see you have worked out the "thread of mechanisms" to this point via troubleshooting.

During the break-in, that clutch cable is going to stretch a bit, so adjustments to tighten up the slack may be frequent for the interim while the engine progressively loosens up.

There is a thread showing various clutch cable solutions you can try later on, but I highly recommend to replace the entire inner clutch cable with a high quality brake cable to minimize constant stretching of the HT clutch cable.

I use zero tolerance in my adjustments of the cable, it's neither tight or loose, it's adjusted to the point where slack ends, and with some finger preassure I firm the cable so it's taught and then tighten the tiny screw to secure the cable.
Other members may have other ideas, it's a matter of take what works for you and leave the rest for later if need be.

All the Best

BoltsM

Back