Hi from tdslandscaping

tdslandscaping

Local time
3:56 AM
Hi,
my name is Thomas. I'm 18 and out of highschool. I have an old Trek 6000 Aluminum. I'm planning on mounting a Honda 2.5 HP G100 100cc engine. I'm was originaly going to mount it and have it gear and chain driven, but after looking at some videos on youtube.com i dicided to make it friction driven. I have 26" bike tires and I'm going to bolt a 5/8" bored GoPed spindle drive to the crank shaft. I'm not sure how fast it will go, but I'm exspecting 35-45mph.
Hopefully I'll have some pictures soon so you can see some progress.:)

hi; just because you can doesent mean its a good idea. unless you weigh around 400lbs. you sure as **** dont need a 100cc. 48cc is the biggest legal. a 5/8" spindle is too small. im glad you are out of school. use your reading skills in the search mode. you do not have to reinvent the wheel. good luck. mitch

Actually

The engine is a :devilish: Honda G100, but I don't know :???: if it is the 50cc or 100cc. It is a 4 stroke but it does run kinda slow. It was mounted to a McLane edger, which kinda makes me think it's a 50cc. When I pulled it up online they said the only way I would know was if I contacted a Honda store and gave them the model number. I'm not planning on ridding it on any streets really. Just in my subdivision and when I go on vacation to the beach in AL (alabama, It's a rural area so I don't think anyone will mind). Everyone rides scooters there and the speed limit is 35 and 45 mph. Don't think I'll get in trouble.:cool:

sorry i thought since you came to this site--scooters gave a site, if you think a cop cant tell a 100cc from a cantaloupe ok.

Excuse ME???

I just told you I live in a rural area and i vacation in a rural area. Here are some pics of the engine. I also said I wasn't 100% sure on what cc engine it was!

P6300097.JPG
P6300102.JPG
P6300098.JPG
P6300099.JPG

I do understand what you are saying. I don't think cops are idiots. All I'm saying is I'm not riding where i can get in trouble. And yes the engine is a little big but that is because it's a horivontal mount.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
It is 100cc. Which is more than twice the limit for a motorized bike in most states...

You'll definitely want to increase the friction roller diameter, though, unless you want to travel along at about 9 miles per hour. That would make it a REAL hill climber, but, not get you there very fast...

With a friction drive,if you want to go up to about 19 MPH, at 5000 RPM, you would need a 1.25 inch roller.

The engine only...

The engine actually only runs at 4200 rpms MAX. Thats without any load or resistance. The drive roller is 5/8 of an inch bored...not 5/8 of an inch diameter. the diameter is about an 1 - 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I originaly was going to mount a chainsaw but did not have a spare one laying around.

And it may be a good thing if I can only go 15 - 20 mph.

In most states you have to register your motor powered bike(motor cycle/Moped). Unfortunatly you have to have a vin #. A Bike does not.:???:

I think i'll build it and see what happens. If its to fast or slow I may try to mount a small chain saw engine (lower cc engine) (when and if I have the money).

I appreciate your input
:D
Thomas

Sounds a fun project, should be nice and quiet too at that low rpm. Check out some pictures of bikes from staton inc and Golden Eagle bikes. You could copy a similiar setup to that. Should be nice and reliable too, 100cc is kind of big but if you can get one then why not? should be a nice bike to ride. Probably the biggest hurdle would be balancing that thing! I can imagine it would be pretty heavy. A bigger silencer, some sort of pannier/saddle bag kind of cover and it should make it very stealthy! Looking forward to seeing the result.

Fastboy

Welcome to MBc. A 1.5" roller with a 4200 rpm max will give you about 20 mph (just my guess).

Back