Hi, New guy from ENGLAND, LONDON!!!

Wowwww.... JemmaUK, you're from Essex?

I just realised, could you share with me any suppliers you use?

Thanks... Reason is, I live in Barking and I travel essex every day for work and to see people, I could pick somthing up along the way XD

I dont really know suppliers for E-bikes unfortunately - but I can give you ideas and help along the way if you need it.

Can you give us specifications and requirements of this machine so we know what we are aiming for... specifically:

Range
Speed
Available resources (money, expertise)
type of frame.

A simple way would be to get hold of two *sealed* 12v car batteries and make up mounts for them on the left and right side to the aft of the bike. this would give you 24v - then the trick is getting hold of the motor assembly from the commercial e-bike that has a mounting bracket to the axle and a small chain to a sprocket on the back wheel. You'd need to fabricate the battery boxes but otherwise the motor is a bolt on. You'd also need a controller of the correct type. Then using the regen charging method mentioned above and a standard car battery charger (for overnight) you should have a reasonably capable machine.

Jemma xx

I am from Barking, East London. You travel to Hammersmith for the Apollo?

thanks for the ideas,the dynamo thing sounds good to me! XD

im also considdering the electrodrive system http://www.electrodrive.co.uk/ from there

So where abouts in Essex are you?

Not quite lol... I have to go up to the hospital up that way fairly regular.

That electrodrive system looks quite good - you could still use the dynamo with that system although you might have to step up the voltage to charge the battery

Jemma xx

Back