Honda 50 dies on every little bump

Good idea bouncing in place to isolate the problem, I can try that. I would also like to bypass the low oil cutoff. I know on my VMax it is so fast off the line the low oil light comes on if I race it.

Anyone know how to do that? Maybe thats in the manual. I'll check it out and post the results.

Thanks

Bouncing MB -- sometimes we dig deep !!! I still also like the light idea -- as we know -- usually -- 98% of the time -- let's say -- it's either an elect. or gas problem --- that's close to a fifty fifty chance of getting in the proper direction -- so as to locate problem... Thus if we can get a light hooked up -- off the magneto - spark plug and then give it a bounce -- if the light or rhythm of the blinking of the light changes -- could at least lead us to the right direction - gas problem or elect. ? -- hopefully... Mountainman

Good idea bouncing in place to isolate the problem, I can try that. I would also like to bypass the low oil cutoff. I know on my VMax it is so fast off the line the low oil light comes on if I race it.

Anyone know how to do that? Maybe thats in the manual. I'll check it out and post the results.

Thanks

Bouncing MB -- sometimes we dig deep !!! I also still like the light idea -- as we know -- usually -- 98% of the time -- let's say -- it's either an elect. or gas problem --- that's close to a fifty fifty chance of getting in the proper direction -- so as to locate problem... Thus if we can get a light hooked up -- off the magneto - spark plug and then give it a bounce -- if the light or rhythm of the blinking of the light changes -- could at least lead us to the right direction - gas problem or elect. ? -- hopefully... Mountainman

Looks like it was the low oil sensor. I had to disable it which I'd rather not do but it beats the alternative. Not sure whether its possible to adjust it but for now I will just unplug the wire.

Thanks for the help.

Heres a link to a picture of a sensor on a different model, which led me to identifying what it looked like.

http://www.honda-engines.com/engines/igxfea.htm

Back