How do I get my fuel tank to stay level with the ground?

markjs

Local time
9:03 PM
I tightened those nuts on those tiny studs as much as I dare, but the fuel tank is still easy to knock askew. How can I get it to be more stably mounted without risking stripping the studs?

I tightened those nuts on those tiny studs as much as I dare, but the fuel tank is still easy to knock askew. How can I get it to be more stably mounted without risking stripping the studs?
The bottom well area underneath the tank that fits over the tubing...I just glue on some rubber in the tube well, like from a old inner tube or fromrubber sheets you can buy...Once that is under there and then put back on the top tubing, comfortably tighten the nuts on those studs wtihout over tightening them, it should be pretty solid without slipping around.

The bottom well area underneath the tank that fits over the tubing...I just glue on some rubber in the tube well, like from a old inner tube or fromrubber sheets you can buy...Once that is under there and then put back on the top tubing, comfortably tighten the nuts on those studs wtihout over tightening them, it should be pretty solid without slipping around.
That was my idea too. If I had hot glue I'd use some.

My tank when full is double the weight of yours as well...It's a 1.06 gallon, (4 litre) tank, So I don't want any slippage whatsoever...lol.

Back