How to get your bike to go faster!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't that an internal reduction before the output shaft?

Thanks again

:cool:forgive me if i'm wrong, but i believe you're up to 20.75:1(4.15:1 X 5:1).
starting with 4,000 engine rpm, reduces to 964rpm at engine sprocket, then further reduced to 193rpm at rear sprocket. final reduction by wheel diameter.
(working on my gear ratios, from twin engines to jackshaft to 36t rear drive.)

Myron

there is alot of basic things you can do to get it to go faster.
i did one thing to my 26inch and it is one of the fastest ive ridden
1 you can get a smaller sproket, switch it from the stock 48 tooth or whatever size it is and get something around 36 teeth. i did that and increased the speed about 20 mph no joke

2 port the intake and exaust, take a dremmel and make the intake and exaust holes on the head a little bigger to increase the flow also grind down the piston on the exause side just a little to let it excape faster.

3 deck the cylinder (not recomended) but if you have something that can keep it level and smooth take bairly any off to give it more compression.
keep in mind tho that if you mess up your going to need a new cylinder.

4. nos kit. get a co2 tire pump (ultraflate) and go to a headshop/ smoke shop and get the little nitrogen canasters and run a line into your air filter close but not directly into your carb. the canasters dont fit in the tirepump so u have to space it with washers. dont run the nos straight into the intake because it forces the airfuel mixture out of the carb and runs the motor on striaight nitrogen which will blow it up or sieze it.

i only recomend 1 or 2 because those dont do damage to the motor like 3or 4 can. but ive seen all of them done and seen bikes run crazy speeds like around 55 60 mph. ive also seen a motor blow all the gaskets on it when running nos, and other motors trashed because they were decked to much

I'm actually planning on motorizing a unicycle. Do you think this method will work? If so, what engine did you use for your bike?

I had my bike clocked by the local cops at 56 that is when my pucker factor ran out (ask augie what that is ) and I am running just a regular 80cc cruser ......no need for no damn nitro I have enough road rash scars and do not need to add to them at all.

Cookie
Okay I gotta know what all have you done to your kit to make it hit 56? I need a reliable 45mph

Okay I gotta know what all have you done to your kit to make it hit 56? I need a reliable 45mph
Super old thread but I will hop in...

What else is done to your bike to support a 45mph cruising speed? Do you first have disc brakes or quality pads on good v-brakes, heavy duty wheels w/ sealed bearings, hub mount sprocket, a steel frame bike, and good forks like a triple tree setup?

Assuming you have the right supporting mods for safety and reliability FIRST, a modern case triple40 with mild port work, an 18mm carb, and a real expansion chamber like the mz65 or dirt bike pipe will do 45-50mph all day on a 36t sprocket. I got 41mph with an out of the box triple40 kit last month with very few mods - just matched the transfer ports during building(stock jug and bottom end transfer ports are WAY out of alignment) and trimmed all the gaskets to not shroud the ports. Then removed and drilled the stock muffler center tube in three spots but did NOT drill the baffle plates so it wasn't much louder(customer bike, not mine so didn't want to go crazy). Zero port work done. Only aftermarket part was a properly gapped NGK B6HS spark plug.

I think with a bit of port work I can get 45mph out of a stock kit before even a modded stock muffler is too much of a restriction...50mph is easy with an expansion chamber - an mz65 is dyno proven for almost 50% power increase with no other mods(!).

All true definitly grab a mz65 its a must have if you want speed you definitly notice it start screaming at like 35mph itll stretch any top speed atleast 5mph on almost any setup

Just take baffle off muffler.
While removing the baffle does help quite a bit, since 2strokes rely on scavenging and exhaust pulses just removing the baffle isn't anywhere near the gains of an expansion chamber setup. Its not like a 4stroke where you just want to remove restriction and can just run a straight pipe as long as its long enough to not burn the valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back