How to secure gas tank lid???

GiselleLFreude

Local time
7:41 PM
Hi there. So I'm experiencing a very odd issue. I can't seem to figure out how to secure the gas tank lid onto my gas tank. It's funny because I troubleshooted much worse issues than this to install a gas motor onto my bicycle and now this is the only thing standing in my way. Attached below you can see some pictures of the gas tank and the lid. As you can see, it's kind of flower shaped and for the life of me I don't see any mechanism that will secure the lid onto the tank. Please help! Provide a DETAILED answer please, or even better a video or pictures.
Some more info,
There appears to be a spring inside the lid and a strange metal piece that slides around when you shake it, but it wont leave the top of the lid (its on the inside on the top side of the lid, not at the bottom of the bowl). I don't know what the purpose of these pieces are. It's also got a rubber sealing thing. You can see it in the
third picture. On the tank itself, there are 2 gaps in the lips of the opening. They are 180 degrees across from one another. See the first picture. I really hope you
can help!!! Thank you!
Giselle

number5.jpg

number2.jpg
number3.jpg
number4-jpg.85270
number1.jpg

Attachments

• number4.jpg
    number4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 350
Merry Xmas from China.
They sent you a broken cap!
Free rust in the tank for the same price.
No quality control.

I'm curious why you guys think it's broken exactly? You're probably right, I'm just wondering how they are SUPPOSED to work.

There are two Tabs on each side that go into the slots in the tank and there is a spring inside that is attached to the tabs that locks it into place.

My neighbor's cap actually broke a piece off and it fell in the tank he was using a little bungee cord and it always stayed on. It looks like they forgot to put the part that has the locking tabs while making the cap, stuff like that is common with Chinese anything really. If Japan made these kits it would be a different story.

Back