Huasheng need choke to ride

SeaWolf86

Local time
6:59 AM
Hi all again.
I have a problem again. I'm a complete newbie with those engines, so talk to me like to a dummie. Today finally after long tweaking I took it for a proper test ride. Everything was fine till about 10 miles down the road. Suddenly the engine starts skipping the beat. I stopped and run it with the wheel up and idling was sound, no problems. As soon, as I accelerated the engine starts choking and skipping beat and died. I noticed on choke it runs... well... it runs. Not too brilliant, but I managed to get home. I never adjusted the mixture, and used it so far like it came. Didn't had problems, but I felt sometimes skipping the beat, when I took it for ride around the block. I checked the plug and although was not tragic i noticed white residue. I assume I'm ridding lean, possibly an air leak? What shall I look for to fix this? Cheers!

Your starving for fuel. Make sure gas cap is venting. See how it runs with the cap off. Carb might need to be taken apart and cleaned, make sure float and needle valve is proper. There's a black plastic jet located under the rpm adjustment screw, also black plastic. Pull that jet out gentlly w/a twisting motion. Clean the hole/jet out with a fine wire. Make sure the oring that seal that jet passage aren't ripped or hardened. If air can get by those oring it will run crappy, lil oil will help to reinstall it. A $3 fuel filter in the gas line will help in the future...…..good luck.

Thank you again good people! Main jet partially clogged. Not the black plastic. The brass one inside the bowl screw drive. There was loads of s**t in the bowl already, which surprised me, as I'm using on line filter.

Anyway it's done! Regards!!!

Thank you again good people! Main jet partially clogged. Not the black plastic. The brass one inside the bowl screw drive. There was loads of sh*t in the bowl already, which surprised me, as I'm using on line filter.

Anyway it's done! Regards!!!
Either the s**t was already in the carb, or your filter doesn't stop dirt.

Back