I do like it

Attachments

• 1F3910C9-8FE5-4A0E-A833-3E0EE0820803.jpeg
    1F3910C9-8FE5-4A0E-A833-3E0EE0820803.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 57
Since we were talking about diets, well guys, I eat garbage. My gf hates it, but she cant stop me yet. lol. I'm in better shape then most people I know. I think it is a lot to do with genetics. My family tends to go crazy. We don't die from heart attacks and stuff. We die from trying to jump a fully loaded semi across the grand canyon with no safety net. You know, the more benign things in life. I feel, while we can die at any second, might as well enjoy what ya get. I'll out live all the health nuts I know, simply because I'm to stubborn to die until I am ready. Mr Grim reaper can suck and egg and wait until I'm good and ready to go.

I'm to stubborn to die until I am ready.
Your too stubborn, and I am the guy that always says, 'I refuse to croak and make so many people happy all at once"...I told that one to my doctor and he just couldn't stop laughing...He said with an attitude like that, it's no wonder I'm still here, especially when all the old Dr.s, Now dead themselves, told me I wouldn't last past 40 with my heart...lol...Just turned 67 in June...lol...lol.

Feed him a few times Wrench. He’ll be your buddy for life.
The ones I feed aren’t little alligators like yours but they do like to eat live critters.
Alligator Lizard, this guy has been hanging around for a few years now I bought meal worms, and he comes out every day around 4-5pm looking for dinner. He's not the biggest one I've seen but he's the friendliest. Winter is coming so he's gonna crawl off under a bush somewhere and hibernate,
I hope I see him again next year

Those alligator lizards can live a long time…10-15 years.
These lizards…3-4 years. They all have different behaviors or personalities. Some of the anoles I feed will jump in my hand to eat. Others will snatch their meal worms and run…over and over..never trusting me.
There’s a female here..when she’s laying eggs she eats like a pig. If I ignore her she’ll jump on my foot to get my attention. I have to watch I don’t step on her if I don’t see her coming at me.
I never reach to touch them. If they eat out my hand it’s their choice. Many will snap the worm from my fingers when I serve it up. A very few are ok eating out of my hand.
This summer the lizards started disappearing. I found a speckled king snake living in the plants. He was eating too. Had to relocate him.

Those alligator lizards can live a long time…10-15 years.
These lizards…3-4 years. They all have different behaviors or personalities. Some of the anoles I feed will jump in my hand to eat. Others will snatch their meal worms and run…over and over..never trusting me.
There’s a female here..when she’s laying eggs she eats like a pig. If I ignore her she’ll jump on my foot to get my attention. I have to watch I don’t step on her if I don’t see her coming at me.
I never reach to touch them. If they eat out my hand it’s their choice. Many will snap the worm from my fingers when I serve it up. A very few are ok eating out of my hand.
This summer the lizards started disappearing. I found a speckled king snake living in the plants. He was eating too. Had to relocate him.

Roadrunners and Crane birds eat the lizards around here, we got alot of fence lizards too, a couple of them have been coming out at dinnertime

King snake Yeah, they eat lizards beside Rattle snakes

I live by a simple philosophy. I try to live a relatively healthy lifestyle. I avoid excess sugar and junky foods. As my mom called them "empty calories." I eat a simple diet most of the time. Very little starches, mostly veggies and meat. I quit smoking several years ago and I don't drink. I even try to avoid processed foods these days. My health has thanked me for it.

ALL of that said. I love salt and butter. I love a good slice of cake from time to time. I eat eggs half a dozen at a time (not every day obviously). I enjoy a lot of "bad for me" things.

Why? Because I like them. What's the point of living life if you can't enjoy it? It is good to be aware of potential harm, but at the end of the day it is an individual choice. I have known 90 year old men that smoked unfiltered camels since they were 12 years old and had a friend die at the age of 36 of a heart attack with no previous issues or illness. Live life and enjoy the ride. Most of all, don't hammer your own beliefs on to others. If they want to drink a gallon of yellow 5, let them.
Truly enlightened statement be happy what else matters

My kids are 17-25 and some already graduated college. I'm old, but not "old". My skill is bout 85%, my body is 50yr old. Can still run flat out for a mile (now is 7-9min lol), and can still do 50 push ups without farting, can bench etc.

My hair is grey, but my fish game is on point. I don't need sinkers to show you my trophy....lol

My pole is ltw 5.5'. I have 30lb braided, spider wire whatever, 30lb lead. The snakehead down here are 5-6lb and feel like an eel. They go straight down and bend my bass rod like it's a bad habit.

Back