Carby Ideal Idle Speed

DanTheDIYGuy

Local time
4:22 PM
Just looking for thoughts on my idle speed. I just installed a new performance carb and haven't even adjusted the jets or idle speed. Appreciate any feedback.

I like the sound of a low idle, but as I get older, I am raising speed to be sure not to stall when leaving a stop sign : (

as long as you're not set so low as to have the carb suck on the bowl & foul plugs, I doubt it matters a whole lot

Do you have a tachometer by chance? To measure the rpm range?
I'm trying to figure out how I can achieve this. A normal bike computer has not worked for me to find even my wheel's rpm's whenever the engine is running. Any ideas what I can use instead?

I'm trying to figure out how I can achieve this. A normal bike computer has not worked for me to find even my wheel's rpm's whenever the engine is running. Any ideas what I can use instead?
There is heaps of speed apps available for smart phones

Just use a tachometer for a tachometer. Bike computer is not very helpful as a tachometer lol. The cheap tachometer on eBay and everywhere, that draws its power from the plug wire instead of having a battery, is okay.
If you can't get a speedo to work you can send arithmetic to figure out your speed at a certain rpm.

Back