In all honesty how many miles have you gotten on your HT motor before it wears out???

ok been looking at the wear on these for a bit over many threads put in by people. so if these engines last a few hundred miles (roughly) would a stihl chainsaw engine run for longer as its better made with more quality. and if it would fit into the casing and clutch system already there for HT engines.
going to have a good look at some saws that i got and see what will fit. but then im not so sure as a chainsaw will run for longer as its designed to cut wood at full pelt running.

what could possibly go wrong.....

ok been looking at the wear on these for a bit over many threads put in by people. so if these engines last a few hundred miles (roughly) would a stihl chainsaw engine run for longer as its better made with more quality. and if it would fit into the casing and clutch system already there for HT engines.
going to have a good look at some saws that i got and see what will fit. but then im not so sure as a chainsaw will run for longer as its designed to cut wood at full pelt running.

what could possibly go wrong.....

You dare ask......:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

My 66cc RAW died when it got in a fight with a Jeep Cherokee, had at least 500 miles on it, and will still work if I ever get around to fixing it up.

My 48cc RAW I've been running for a almost two years, daily driver, wide open all day long. I'd say it's almost at 2000 miles, but it's riding rough - still full power, just rough.

From a scientific approach.......
We need to look at WHAT FAILS in this engine. Then deal with that issue first.

Everyone with a failed engine, that you have revived or given up on,
PLEASE, tell us what went wrong with your engine so we can improve it.
®
Loss of compression on a couple of engines and 4 of the engines had the upper bushing,it was before they started using the upper needle bearing and the bushings wore out and caused loss of compression....One of the engines the upper needle bearing came lose and one of the needles got jammed inbetween the piston and the cylinder....
John

From a scientific approach.......
We need to look at WHAT FAILS in this engine. Then deal with that issue first.

Everyone with a failed engine, that you have revived or given up on,
PLEASE, tell us what went wrong with your engine so we can improve it.
®
Needle bearing came apart, one of the little bearings jammed between a ring and the cylinder wall and seized the engine.

hiya,

48cc

35klms a week, best guess 40 weeks of the year for 2+ years now.. still performing like new

2100 plus miles :cool:

Tomorrow marks a year for my 48cc HT Beach Cruzer. It hits the scale at 77lbs. I've got over 6000 miles on this one. It runs like a champ. Here in the South OC, it's either uphill or downhill. I run Marine 2 stroke synthetic[ I'm on the coast ] 5oz. per gal. The Tandem Trike I built for my partner is a 68cc HT, and they've probably got 1200 miles of coastal cruzing on it rite now. Runs like a dream. The only issue with it is the 9ft. drive chain. That's been the challenge. Maybe I'm just lucky, or I realize that it's not a RD250. Treat them with due respect for what they are, break them in right, and remember that who ever tells you to run them flat out, owns stock in the company. My Cruzer is sweet at 22mph, with a 44t, with a top end at 32mph and the Tandem Trike runs at 16mph with a custom 36t freewheel hub and a top of 30, buts that's pushing it. They are both slant head Grubee Skyhawks. Best $250 bucks I ever spent. If they both die tomorrow I'm still a happy HT rider. For the money, they kick ***.

3 months

3 months..
That's all I got from my HT.
BUT...
There where NO instructions in the box...
I hadn't yet found this forum....
I never owned a motorcycle.
Now I am WAAAaaaaaayy smarter!!
Thanks to all of you. ®

Back