Is the 36 tooth sprocket really worth it?

If you know the internal reduction in the engine 4-5:1 ? and the front sprocket size (teeth) I can give your speed at 5k. for instance.Off hand I'd say it might be a bit on the low side (high revs) but not excessively.

Internal reduction is 4-1 and front sprocket is 12 teeth it think. So if you could do that for me i would appreciate it. Thanks.

OK ,we have: S=0.075x N/R ,my handy formula ! ,say N= 5000 rpm, R=4x44/12 or
R=14.67 and we get S= 0.075x 5000/14.67 ,S=25.56 mph.Seems about right maybe a tad on the low side if you're on the flats.At other speeds just multiply by the rpm ratio.I would not push these HT engines too hard in the rpm dept

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats about right. I am topping out at about 26mph..But i basicaly wanted to know how much i was pushing my motor and now i know. Thanks man.

That is close to 7000 rpm,not a exactly a healthy speed,if it is a HT engine.(bearings)

Thats about right. I am topping out at about 26mph..But i basicaly wanted to know how much i was pushing my motor and now i know. Thanks man.

i thought mine was topping out at 26mph thats where it starts cutting out a little. until i pedaled past to like 28mph and it will take off and run up to 37mph. on the stock 44 tooth. at about 30 it stops sounding like a chainsaw and starts sounding like a weedeater!! wow

Back