Is this legit?

For yours I came up with 74.6 mph on 27" tires with an 11:26 drive at 9000 rpm
Yeah I didn't quite get there, close though speedo said 73 and gps said 72.8 so around 8,780 was all I could get out of it. It also took longer than I wanted/needed for the 1/4 mile so I went with 11/30 gearing as it gives similar top end by unloading a bit more with better 60ft and way more pull below the pipe. The pipe is now set for 10,600 and that's plenty and still a safe rpm for the engine, I'm trying to build enough torque below the pipe to pull these gearings as best as I can and have been doing so with an engine that's getting pretty old now, so hopefully my next one with ceramic coated bore my preferred timings and setup gets it done, I've been slacking through this covid s**t!

Dude does 76 here. I think this crazy mofo is legit.

Yes his Death Trap speeds are legit - Brakes, What Brakes? :LOL:
I met that guy 10/12/19 at a car show. He's got a 65cc Water cooled 5 speed KTM off a wrecked dirt bike.
When we talked at the car show he claimed it would go 75 mph and said he was gonna make a U Tube video going 75 mph

BTW that's my Whizzer M/B in the background

DSCF9284.JPG

I met that guy 10/12/19 at a car show. He's got a 50cc Water cooled 5 speed KTM off a wrecked dirt bike.
When we talked at the car show he claimed it would go 75 mph and said he was gonna make a U Tube video going 75 mph

BTW that's my Whizzer M/B in the background

View attachment 161766
I thought that looked familiar. Wasn't sure if it was the same bike, couldn't remember the thread to look at that pic again.

Funeral Directors just love it when you ride one of these...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...At least he's wearing a brain bucket so they won't have to scrap what little brain there is off the pavement along with the rest of him...lol.
Riding on a regular road like that, he might as well have a neon sign saying, "Bust me!!!, there is no way this motorised bicycle is street legal"...lol.

Funeral Directors just love it when you ride one of these...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...At least he's wearing a brain bucket so they won't have to scrap what little brain there is off the pavement along with the rest of him...lol.
I think in our state, anything with pedals is legally a bicycle. I think I remember seeing something about transmissions negating that rule too, but I tried to ignore that part.

Since this is the topic of speed and RPM. My 26" tires have 29" OD, on a 56 tooth, going 25 mph, CG 66cc... how many RPM is that?

I don't understand the formula too well. Not sure what numbers to plug in where.

I thought that looked familiar. Wasn't sure if it was the same bike, couldn't remember the thread to look at that pic again.
I went back and checked that thread I made in 2019 - My Bad it's a KTM 65cc 6 speed
I've also mentioned the KTM M/B build in other threads too.

Back