its alive! im motorized!

well ive finally gone & done it! me & the dogs & augidog got the old higgins motorized today! it was a grand time of tinkering fidgitry & it slowly came to life! what a flash to my past & the many hours spent with such projects, its odd i used to cuss a lot & throw things but now i find my self slowing down as to catch the finer points ect. & is really a theraputic zen thing!! heres a few evolution shots of the project. mind you this is a temporary set up just to get her rolling! i have many mods & goodies planned for this bike! peewee herman eat your heart out!

Attachments

• IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 1,142
  • IMG_1531.JPG
    IMG_1531.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_1532.JPG
    IMG_1532.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_1491.JPG
    IMG_1491.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 706
Bike looks great but the best picture is you belly up in the floor, and why? I've been there myself!

Lynn

You know Wavy, as kids we knew this hollywood movie star that went by the name of Tex Terry and I had the privaledge of getting a straw snapped out of my mouth by him and his bull whip (BULL WHIP) in front of my whole school. This Tex Terry also bought a small town called Mansfield, Indiana but here is another cool item he had, He drove an old convertible cadillac with 6 shooters mounted on both sides of the hood and a set of bull horns (BULL HORNS) mounted on the front of his hood. He also had an electric horn that sounded like a *******.Donkey not *******!
Very cool memories. So there you go, some more food for thought that you may or may not want to use. In any case, that is one fine machine.
Doc

eltatertoto- read read read! & dockspa thats exactly along the same lines as i was thinking, the western motif. i thought about a small western saddle for the seat but i think it whould interfere with pedaling , darn!, & am still trying to find the perfect set of horns for the front.we had a used car dealer here called cal worthington, he a caddy done up the same way!

Wavy, I'm gonna search around this area and see what we can find for ya.
Wouldn't something like this look cool on the front?

Attachments

• Bull.jpg
    Bull.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:
bike nutty!

hey dock that whould be cool! but probly a little large! what im looking for is chrome bull horns that look like mini texas longhorns about 10 to 12" long. maybe ill get some more real cow horn & do it that way! hers one of my horny vikeing helmets i use to make! in my wilder days i use to wear it to our old biker partys along with deerskin loin cloth & them old fuzzy boots the skiers use to wear, & bear skin cape, & blubbar the barbarian painted on my belly. my beer horn always stayed full when i wore that stuff!

Attachments

• IMG_1576.JPG
    IMG_1576.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1577.JPG
    IMG_1577.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1579.JPG
    IMG_1579.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 204
How wide do you want the horns Wavy? We can have a nationwide search for them. May be being in Texas can give me an advantage. The western/Texas theme is becomming popular again here in the local furniture stores.

horns & lights oh my!!

ya scottm about 10- 12 " on the horns there in chrome preferably! anyways gang heres my new lighting project for the old higgins & im looking for 3" diameter chrome light to fit inside my cadilac taillight to use as front headlight on front fender! hard to find 3" lights on the net.after about an hours search anyway.the light i have is a little to small, & to tinny to try & modify, anybody have a good source for small headlights? 12 volt. note new led marker pole on rack!

Attachments

• IMG_1580.JPG
    IMG_1580.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    325.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 192
Love the helmet, Wavy and that rear light is the cat's Meow. It looks like it was meant to be. Awesome.
In my olden days I rode with the much not feared, Sin City Rebels. They initiated me at 15 years old.
Did you make that Mace?

yes doc i made the mace , i used to make oversized medival weapons. axes,maces, spears, forged swords & daggers. amongts other things.i avoided clubs like the plague in my early days as i saw the **** & persacution my older brothers went through! i hung out with a bunch who called them selfs the over the hill gang. they put on a lot of raceing events, one of which was hubbards hill climb in corbett oregon.which was one of the stops for the gypsy tour. i was a hook tender on the hill! the stuff i saw goin on around those campfires at nite as a lad was not for young eyes.

I like the newer bikes, but you've got to give props to the OLD SCHOOL! Awesome!

Back